Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #91
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
So what's everyone's thoughts as to the amount of time between Rogue One and A New Hope? I can see arguments for immediately to maybe a few weeks or so.
I'd say no more than a day, but probably less. I don't think they got very far, they obviously didn't make it back to Alderaan and I doubt they were just flying around playing hide and seek. Plus the way Vader comes in demanding the stolen plans, he's positive they're on board, so they they probably didn't stop off anywhere in-between.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #92
qz33
Baron Zemo

Disney has stated that it was to lead right up to the minutes of IV.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #93
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The only thing that doesn't work for me is the fact that R2 and C3PO were shown on a planet before the Scarif battle. But maybe Leia loaded them up onto the Rebel ship with her before heading there. But she is SLOW at giving R2 the plans because Vader is on the ship while she's recording and giving R2 the plans.
I kind of had to think about this for a second after the film, but I think they appear right before or right after the scene with Bail and Mon Mothma if I'm remembering correctly. So that tells me they were in the hangar waiting to find out where they were going to next, which as 3-PO says "I didn't know we were going to Scarif" or something along those lines. So they were obviously onboard the Tantive IV with Leia during the battle. The Tantive IV was the "getaway" car as it were for the plans. That's why they were hidden within the other ship just waiting to get the plans and takeoff to deliver them to safety.

I don't think Leia felt any need to hide the plans let alone make the recording until she saw they were captured by the Empire. She was probably pretty confident they were going to get away. And once they didn't, she switched to plan B. She also took the stance of deny, deny, deny once Vader confronted her onboard.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #94
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Awesome remake btw....
Hell yes.... I definitely enjoyed the hell out of it.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #95
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Disney has stated that it was to lead right up to the minutes of IV.
Where was that stated?

Only reason I could accept longer then immediately is the comment Leia makes to Vader about the ship being on a diplomatic mission to Alderon. Makes me think there may have been some time to set up that.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #96
Marvelito

Quote:
Only reason I could accept longer then immediately is the comment Leia makes to Vader about the ship being on a diplomatic mission to Alderon. Makes me think there may have been some time to set up that.
In the show Rebels, a younger Leia guest starred on an episode about the Rebel Alliance acquiring ships for their fleet that are stolen from the Empire. Leia is secretly behind helping the Rebels acquire these ships under the guise of being on diplomatic missions. That's how that line is explained. Bail sends his daughter on these covert missions that are covered up by her being on diplomatic or "mercy" missions.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #97
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Where was that stated?

They probably figure he would buy that story since there's most likely a crapload of Blockade Runners flying throughout the galaxy.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:13 PM   #98
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

before seeing rogue one I always thought Leia was trying to fool vader in that scene, or see if she could carry on with her lie

after seeing rogue one, it makes me think Leia was just trying to buy time for the plans to get as far away from vader as possible, she knows vader is aware they have the plans, but she also knows vader wouldnt kill her until he could find the plans as that was his first priority

interesting how a prequel can change prespectives on a classic scene
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #99
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Where was that stated?

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...efore+New+Hope
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:52 AM   #100
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Just to be picky, not everybody dies in Reservoir Dogs ^^

The Departed and Saw also.
Everyone dies in a Reservoir Dogs.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote