Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 AM   #91
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'm so glad I not enthralled with XM's Magneto.
It's an awesome concept and great as a comic panel but I just don't feel the excitement for it in statue form.

Or maybe it's just XM's portrait as I do love the Jim Lee custom head Sosa did. Now that's a masterpiece.
I loved both XM portraits but that Sosa portrait was magnificent. That said, I have the Koto Mags Sosa did (another epic Mags statue) so I got a Lee Mags already covered in my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:00 AM   #92
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm so excited for this. I want a 1/4 scale Magneto for my collection more than any other character. So hope he is at SDCC in all his glory.
I'm sure the SSC Mags is going to look great. They know the impact this character has. They took their time with Thanos and had great results. I can't see them blowing the Master of Magnetism. He's too important of a character.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:20 AM   #93
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Oh, I get that Magneto ripped the Sentinel apart and spat on them by making a chair out of it, but that is only because we know who the character is. But have a statue like the one I previously described and it will represent the character better.

The one I described is a 1/4 custom commissioned by some lucky guy.
I'm not a seated or museum pose kind of collector either...and I do agree that a better pose (dynamic of course) can be done that better represents Magneto's powers in a more direct way (slap in the face kind of way...which I like actually).

The beauty of the Magneto Sentinel chair statue is the concept behind it all. I never in my mind would have come up with a concept of a Sentinel hand that Mags used to create a seat. So if we are to use our imagination, then it absolutely represents Magneto's powers, just as much as a blatant in your face pose. The nice touch of him levitating Cerebro also is a nice touch to him using his magnetic controlling abilities.

But I have always said even in the XM thread...that I will ALWAYS take a dynamic posed statue OVER a seated or boring ass museum pose. If I want boring museum pose and / or seated statues I can simply buy a poster and frame it. I want to see creativity in my statues that I am paying hundreds of dollars for...I want to see the envelope being pushed in the advancement of poses and creative ideas and concepts in this hobby.

I have the utmost confidence WH can make a fantastic Magneto statue, but is the art direction going to prevent him from taking advantage of pushing forward in a creative design.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:43 AM   #94
kimsoyens
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In other news, Sideshow now releases the highly anticipated and long over due Boba fett PF.
kimsoyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:48 AM   #95
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Magsy, Magsy, he's our man, if he can't do it, Boba can!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:23 AM   #96
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Amazing, on some kind of "throne" as well + mixed media please.
After him Loki.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:34 AM   #97
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I was wishing for a ss master sculpter to do a new x-23, rogue, psylocke and omega red before Maggie. But he is ok too.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #98
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

OMG.. Finally.. been waiting for SS MAGNETO... I AM SOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #99
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

I for one would love to see the master of magnetism standing on top of a destroyed sentinel head (or the remains of one) I don't understand why people are saying they want SS to copy n' paste what xm did. This has the potential to be the best x-men statue by Sideshow...unless they get Martin Canale to go all out for a Juggernaut piece
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	magneto.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	103272  
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:04 AM   #100
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Already comparing to Xm mags lol can't we al just enjoy all these awesome new statues coming out I got Xm mags will buy sideshows one also and about 2 custom mags on way more the merrier
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote