Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #91
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Not a bad statue at all. In fact, it’s beautiful. However, unless the EX head is a rendition of any Rogue I know, Sideshow is saving me tons of money lately. This is not my rogue. The portraits are all great but the likeness to source material is super lacking.

Fingers crossed.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #92
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Did you say Savage Land Rogue? Hubba hubba. Would love Sideshow to try their hand on that hottie someday.
I would like any and all companies to take a crack at her. It would either be I get them all OR I pick the best. Either way a total win

Then do a Storm to match!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #93
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm guessing that the preview is her EX head since prints usually feature the Regular look.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #94
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wonder if her left leg is on the base to add some more stability? And I also wonder if the giant "Up" arrow on her torso will be super prominent
I'm surprised more people haven't talked about this. Based off the silhouette her only attachment to a base was to this saw. If that is her only connection point and the rest of her body is floating then that may cause a lot of breaks in the future. It also may be the reason this is a "more complex" statue and a maquette. I think the have to have her left foot on the ground somehow because her hand and wrist are too thin to support the entire weight of her body.

Regarding her jacket, I dont see how it can be cloth because oh how her hand is connected to the saw. It would be so difficult to put a cloth jacket on this statue and invite a lot of breaks trying to position an arm through a jacket hole that has a huge saw arm attached to it.

My guess is her left foot is attached to something, her jacket will be sculpted and she will come with 2 heads (just like the pf did) and something different will be the EX.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #95
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
I'm guessing that the preview is her EX head since prints usually feature the Regular look.
It doesnt say EX on the pic. When sideshow gave Radd Titan the photos for emma's switch-out head that had the EX printed on those pics. Art print head is different than this one, so I think this will come with 2 heads and EX will be sometime entirely different.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #96
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
It doesnt say EX on the pic. When sideshow gave Radd Titan the photos for emma's switch-out head that had the EX printed on those pics. Art print head is different than this one, so I think this will come with 2 heads and EX will be sometime entirely different.
this is just a preview, they have showcased the ex (or part of it) in the preview before

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #97
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
I hope it's sculpted, but if it's not then I'll be ok with it since it's a short jacket. I generally have issues with cloth capes and cloth suits. Small jackets are ok but not preferred.
With the jacket being mixed-media, I hope the sculpt is detailed and painted underneath. Cause I'm seriously thinking of removing that jacket once this statue is in hand.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #98
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I’d love to get a Rogue statue that isn’t the Jim Lee costume.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #99
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm going to play captain obvious here and say we're going to get a bandana head sculpt like the print. When you guys were playing around with the teaser group silhouette last month, if you focus really hard on her head she's wearing the headband. Plus the original SS Rouge had both head sculpts. Just trying showing a little optimism. If I'm wrong you can tar and feather me.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #100
Shaughn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
this is just a preview, they have showcased the ex (or part of it) in the preview before

But was this an exclusive preview they gave someone else to release on their behalf? and didn't release it themselves? I noticed the SR watermark in the bottom right.

Also when did they start doing this when they are giving others exclusive photos for them to release? Did it start with Marvelous statues on Emma, or had this been going on for a while and I just never noticed?