Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-24-2022, 02:22 PM   #91
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermin93 View Post
What is the best place to order queen studios pieces from if you live in Europe? directly or are there cheaper alternatives?
They rarely release direct to Europe, deriv store is their official seller but I just use Specfiction
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:44 PM   #92
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Weta production isn?t all that great with human type characters anymore. So if the prices for you are more or less equal, Queen is definitely the one to go with.
Well, the Weta prototype definitely looks better than queens in my opinion, as far as the paint apps go. The coat is spot on to the movies, as do the weathering. Queens actually looks a bit like HT due to the fabrics.

With Darkseid looking pretty close to proto, it's giving me hope knightmare won't look like supes.
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #93
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I must be blind. What are the differences between the two?
Different angle makes it difficult, but it sure looks to my eyes like the proportions are different. Top of cowl with ears - distance is shorter and more appropriate on newer version.

If anything, foreshortening because of the angle on the before pic should actually seem to compress the seeming distance so the fact it looks like a more expansive area seems a tell to me.

At least that's what I'm seeing.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:22 PM   #94
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

PO'd this. I doubt we will get a better one for this price.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:20 AM   #95
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Shoot, I just couldn't pass this one up. Been debating it for the past couple weeks but finally pulled the trigger with Specfiction.

I absolutely love the look; I'm such a sucker for post apocalyptic things and Batman. It's the perfect combo. Very else worlds-esque. I think the sculpt is excellent and I love the cut and sew elements.

I'm thinking I'll have my Prime 1 comic Batman, Harley, and Joker as the ultimate versions of each character in 1/3, and then I'll have movie statues (specifically the looks that are a big departure from the comics) in 1/4. Still holding out for a quality 1/4 Pattinson Batman.
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:29 AM   #96
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuardian View Post
Shoot, I just couldn't pass this one up. Been debating it for the past couple weeks but finally pulled the trigger with Specfiction.

I absolutely love the look; I'm such a sucker for post apocalyptic things and Batman. It's the perfect combo. Very else worlds-esque. I think the sculpt is excellent and I love the cut and sew elements.

I'm thinking I'll have my Prime 1 comic Batman, Harley, and Joker as the ultimate versions of each character in 1/3, and then I'll have movie statues (specifically the looks that are a big departure from the comics) in 1/4. Still holding out for a quality 1/4 Pattinson Batman.
I ordered from Specfiction too. I hope they are a decent company. I'm still waiting on Queens Darkseid from them that a lot of people already have.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:44 AM   #97
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
I ordered from Specfiction too. I hope they are a decent company. I'm still waiting on Queens Darkseid from them that a lot of people already have.
Spec is a favored outlet for many here. And I've never heard of them failing to meet a preorder commitment with regards to Queen pieces.

But unfortunately Spec's allotment is received at the tail end of stock shipments. I think I've received pieces locally from Sugo 3 to 8 months before those who've ordered through Spec.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #98
T1OOO

Quote:
Spec is a favored outlet for many here. And I've never heard of them failing to meet a preorder commitment with regards to Queen pieces.

But unfortunately Spec's allotment is received at the tail end of stock shipments. I think I've received pieces locally from Sugo 3 to 8 months before those who've ordered through Spec.

Thanks! I don't actually mind the wait I just despise the lack of information.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:36 PM   #99
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
Thanks! I don't actually mind the wait I just despise the lack of information.
If you message them on their Facebook group there’s a chance they might have an updated ETA on Darkseid.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:12 AM   #100
T1OOO

Quote:
If you message them on their Facebook group there?s a chance they might have an updated ETA on Darkseid.
Thanks. I messaged them on Facebook and sent an email. On Facebook some people said have received theirs. The email came back saying they will be sending an invoice soon.