Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #91
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Cool premiere. I jsut hope they can keep up the pace of this for most of the season. But if it's like last season we'll be lucky if we get 10 episodes of good stuff before they start pouring on the teenage angst and morals as thick as syrup.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #92
firestorm
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
NO WAY!

YES WAY!
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #93
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa View Post
honestly, i don't think it was Supergirl either, but you never know...

when Clark was "sucked" back to Earth from the Phantom Zone, it looked to me like only 3 shapes got sucked in with him...regardless, there are some Phantom Zone baddies loose on Earth ready to wreak havoc
According to Kryptonsite...She comes back in episode 7 scheduled for November...and she does have some super powers...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #94
firestorm
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Cool

Quote:
honestly, i don't think it was Supergirl either, but you never know...

when Clark was "sucked" back to Earth from the Phantom Zone, it looked to me like only 3 shapes got sucked in with him...regardless, there are some Phantom Zone baddies loose on Earth ready to wreak havoc
When Clark returned from the Phantom Zone, there were 6 lights that accompanied him back to Earth, then they all went off their separate ways... and am I correct in assuming that when Zod was exorcised from Lex, that he was NOT destroyed, and that it was his phantom form we saw flying in Argentina in the very last shot of the episode?...
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #95
C. Bormann
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
yeah, i thought he would spend more time in the P Zone, too. i think more than one Phantom escaped, also. either way, it should make things interesting
When Clark escaped from the Phantom Zone, as he crashed to Earth, there were 4 other flashes of light shooting off in different directions. This could be interpreted as the opening of a wormhole from the zone, or 4 other prisoners and phantoms???
C. Bormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #96
fossa

Boy, I'm getting quoted all over the place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
According to Kryptonsite...She comes back in episode 7 scheduled for November...and she does have some super powers...
but *IS* she Supergirl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
When Clark returned from the Phantom Zone, there were 6 lights that accompanied him back to Earth, then they all went off their separate ways... and am I correct in assuming that when Zod was exorcised from Lex, that he was NOT destroyed, and that it was his phantom form we saw flying in Argentina in the very last shot of the episode?...
i kind of thought the Phantom in Argentina was one that escaped from the Zone with Clark. i think Zod got sucked back into the Zone & is there to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Bormann View Post
When Clark escaped from the Phantom Zone, as he crashed to Earth, there were 4 other flashes of light shooting off in different directions. This could be interpreted as the opening of a wormhole from the zone, or 4 other prisoners and phantoms???
we shall see...

wormhole = Farscape
Old 09-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #97
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Boy, I'm getting quoted all over the place

but *IS* she Supergirl?

Not "The" Supergirl...The name is wrong...But she is from Krypton and should have the same powers...

i kind of thought the Phantom in Argentina was one that escaped from the Zone with Clark. i think Zod got sucked back into the Zone & is there to stay.

we shall see...

wormhole = Farscape
I think Zod has to be back in the Zone...Due to the sequence of events...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #98
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I actually hated to see Zod pounding Kal-El through the boulder. The action was cool! But, I'm just tired of Superman being the whipping boy. He can't fight worth anything. He gets beat up by the creeps in the phantom zone. I mean, c'mon. The guy is 6'3" tall and 220 or 230lbs. He's fought alot of people, and things by now, and I just can't believe he can't fight when he gets de-powered. It was the same thing in the Christopher Reeves movies, as well as the Brian Singer flick. He just turns to jello which really bugs me. When he looses his powers, he is a total wuse!!! That is just stupid IMO. I don't have a problem with Zod knocking Supes around, but I wanted to see Kal-El kick him around too it was just waaaaayyyyy to one sided. Okay, other than that I enjoyed the episode, and I'm glad that Smallville is back! Now, how about Mercy Reef???? Is it dead forever, or just until mid season????
Meteor, he was letting Zod put a beating on him IMO so he could get into a position to send him into the PZ ... not to mention, he is just realizing his powers while Zod is fully aware of his powers
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #99
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think you are SOL JG. I just checked my DVR & the only Smallvilles I found are old repeats...
I figgered as much
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #100
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Meteor, he was letting Zod put a beating on him IMO so he could get into a position to send him into the PZ ... not to mention, he is just realizing his powers while Zod is fully aware of his powers
EXACTLY