Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #991
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

There is no way to get a light up in there now I’m positive the smaller IM will not have light ups
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #992
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Get your wallet ready it’s going to get bent over and pounded into submission
Old 07-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #993
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Oh I know it's insanely expensive, I get it. Fully aware and acknowledge that it's craziness.

Thing is I was all in on the $1000+ Thor, and it got cancelled. I was also most likely going to buy the $1000+ XM Brown Wolverine. I don't have an Iron Man though, and I want one for my collection. So not getting those 2 is a decent chunk of the Hulkbuster money, plus I may have another order I may end up cancelling.

It's crazy town money for a statue, I understand. But I did already have a lot of money allocated into other statues that I either can't get because they're cancelled and/or I'd rather have this one in the end.

Also, I've managed to find another question. So on one of the YouTube videos I've watched on this I see a note added to the video that says the person spoke with XM afterwards and they said that "the clean switch out options would not be included" to help with shipping costs. I guess I'm not 100% sure what they mean by that though because in every video I've seen the only switch out option is for the Hulkbuster head; 1 clean and 1 battle damaged. Were they saying there were going to be clean switch outs for all of the other removable pieces as well and now we'll ONLY get the head, or not even the head will be included?

It would be nice to get some kind of definitive information on what it's coming with....it's a lot of money and I'd just like to know for sure.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #994
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Initially when this project started the Hulkbuster armour was to be offered in battle damage and non battle damage plus the iron man that comes out. The smaller iron man is new car clean paint to show he’s come out of the buster armour. Once XM saw how big this thing was they realized that having so many options on buster armour was not going to work. Shipping is already going to be huge so they reduced options to have two chest and helmet pieces both with battle damage one that could be displayed with IM beside the buster armour the other he’s climbing out

Personally I would have paid the extra for clean armour bits to give me that option as well
Old 07-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #995
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Two bodies would have been needed for clean switch out parts they scrapped that idea
Old 07-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #996
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Shipping is already going to be huge so they reduced options to have two chest and helmet pieces both with battle damage one that could be displayed with IM beside the buster armour the other he’s climbing out
So are you saying it's still going to come with 2 battle damaged pieces; 1 of the Hulkbuster head and 1 Iron Man helmet. Is that right? And then also "clean" versions of both of those? Or are you saying there will be 1 clean and 1 damaged of both the Hulkbuster helmet and chest?

If so, I'm completely fine with that.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #997
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The iron man figure there is only one .

Hulkbuster has two chest helmet pieces

If you look at YouTube there is rad titan video that shows how to insert iron man into the suit that will show you all the parts
Old 07-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #998
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

https://youtu.be/WVUoLP0e23w
Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #999
mva5580

Thanks, looks amazing. I've made my decision; Viking Thor is obviously a no go, and I'll sacrifice having both the XM Brown Wolverine and the Sideshow Blue Wolverine for this. Happily. I already have a Wolverine in the Hulk vs. Wolverine maquette anyway and this will by first (only) Iron Man.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:37 AM   #1000
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Thanks, looks amazing. I've made my decision; Viking Thor is obviously a no go, and I'll sacrifice having both the XM Brown Wolverine and the Sideshow Blue Wolverine for this. Happily. I already have a Wolverine in the Hulk vs. Wolverine maquette anyway and this will by first (only) Iron Man.
That would be a mistake....a huge mistake. This is not only the best brown and yellow Wolvie to date...its the best Wolvie to date. I am 100% sold on that.

Another thing one has to consider is space. Hulkbuster occupies two tables side to side. Brown Wolverine takes up about the same size as Batman Samurai. Plus its about $1000 cheaper
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote