Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #1001
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Hope it shows up can't believe what these are selling for now.
thanks bro!

it surpises me that this book is so saught after considering so much negative feedback on the film!?
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #1002
riky
Mephisto

Wonder if the LE book will sell for even more once babydoll is released?
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #1003
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
Wonder if the LE book will sell for even more once babydoll is released?
More than likely, cause by then it will be an antique
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #1004
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I know some may laugh at this prediction but I honestly believe Sucker Punch will achieve somewhat of a cult status. The fact that its been so widely panned by critics and the moviegoing public in general tells me that most people didn't get this film. You'd think this was Showgirls or something after reading some of the reviews out there and the thing is, its a much deeper film than most realize. I think time will serve it well and many opinions will swing back the other way upon repeat viewings.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #1005
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I know some may laugh at this prediction but I honestly believe Sucker Punch will achieve somewhat of a cult status. The fact that its been so widely panned by critics and the moviegoing public in general tells me that most people didn't get this film. You'd think this was Showgirls or something after reading some of the reviews out there and the thing is, its a much deeper film than most realize. I think time will serve it well and many opinions will swing back the other way upon repeat viewings.

Agreed. Definitely not everyones cup of tea, but I think some people just didn't get it.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #1006
OCP
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Cult status? Maybe.
Widely accepted as a good movie? No.
OCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #1007
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCP View Post
Cult status? Maybe.
Widely accepted as a good movie? No.
and who really cares if its widely accepted as a good movie right...

To the ppl who didnt like it/get it... Good, cuz it prob wasnt made for you.

I gave it a 10/10 and am actually kinda glad most ppl didnt enjoy it as much as I did. Makes it more personal ya know...

And your right, thats what will make it a cult classic
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #1008
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #1009
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
You said it, brother!

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #1010
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Armen
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote