Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #1001
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
YES!!!!..AS of yesterday Jerry finally confirmed that:

1. He will include skull head with no flames on the statue.(So that means we r getting 3 heads on exclusive?)

2. Next MK statue is MALE....(i feel he's screaming out SUB ZERO!!!)

Well done Jerry, u r TRULY an EXAMPLE to others!! U always listen to customers!!
Where did you read this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #1002
Jowtiger
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We are going to do a skull head with no flames as a third pack-in option.
This is good news, thanks very much Jerry!
Jowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:54 AM   #1003
antnie
I am da law!

I will be honest. I had no interest in this statue until I saw a few videos from comic con.
First of all, I was more excited to see chun li videos from comic con, but then when I saw scorpion next to her, she seemed more bland. Don't get me wrong I am getting both
I am now completely sold on this piece. I instantly went to sideshow and ordered the EX.

The main thing that won me over with this statue is the sense of motion. It really looks like scorpion is about to kill someone. I LOVE IT.

Thanks Jerry for making such a great piece.

On a side note, this is the first statue I have ever preordered from PCS... Or sideshow for that matter. I have also only been collecting for a year, so I haven't had many preorder opportunities.

Enough rambling.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #1004
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnie View Post
I will be honest. I had no interest in this statue until I saw a few videos from comic con.
First of all, I was more excited to see chun li videos from comic con, but then when I saw scorpion next to her, she seemed more bland. Don't get me wrong I am getting both
I am now completely sold on this piece. I instantly went to sideshow and ordered the EX.

The main thing that won me over with this statue is the sense of motion. It really looks like scorpion is about to kill someone. I LOVE IT.

Thanks Jerry for making such a great piece.

On a side note, this is the first statue I have ever preordered from PCS... Or sideshow for that matter. I have also only been collecting for a year, so I haven't had many preorder opportunities.

Enough rambling.

congrats bro on ur Scorpion purchase. I m sure now with Jerry making 3 heads with this piece, it will be sold out really quick!!
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #1005
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
congrats bro on ur Scorpion purchase. I m sure now with Jerry making 3 heads with this piece, it will be sold out really quick!!
How can one be so sure with this piece (ES 300)? M. Bison EX (ES 250) is still available. Want a Guile Reg (ES 550)? He's still around too. Is MK that much more popular than SF? Maybe because Scorpion is the first release in the line and a popular character? Who knows? Definitely not me.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #1006
antnie
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
How can one be so sure with this piece (ES 300)? M. Bison EX (ES 250) is still available. Want a Guile Reg (ES 550)? He's still around too. Is MK that much more popular than SF? Maybe because Scorpion is the first release in the line and a popular character? Who knows? Definitely not me.
Hhhmmmm... I didn't even look at the edition size when I ordered.

As a collector it is always nice to see your collection gain value, but I am not collecting to make money.

With that said, I think it might take a week or two for these to sell out on sideshows site. Sort of like the God of War statue.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 AM   #1007
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

the 700 ES for the regular is just too high , i'm afraid it will be in stock for quite some time , the exclusive version on the other hand will be sold out very soon
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #1008
docmario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
well i cant be sure 100%..i m just assuming based on the likeness on the statue.

I always hav been a big fan of SF games, but do not really collect the statues though..dunno why.

I m not good with MK games, but always love the chars and the special death penalty scenes from the games.

Personally i didnt expect Jerry will make MK series, but when i saw it..There's just something devilishy awesome classic pose was scupted on scorpion and i can well imagine he's saying "come over here" when he throw that spear out of his hand, and plus the base is a killer there, and details on the armors,face, muscles and blades on his back are just WOW... The whole statue bring so much power for me!!!

For me when i saw this statue..i didnt even think twice to buy it. That shows how awesome the statue is and how successful the sculpting is.

this actually makes me want to buy Sub zero next!!

So i hope i m not the only one feeling this about scorpion statue.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #1009
Bruticus
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

just waiting for my supplier to get the pre order up. I dont order from Sideshow directly because they dont write the value down. 25'% tax and crap no thx.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #1010
docmario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
just waiting for my supplier to get the pre order up. I dont order from Sideshow directly because they dont write the value down. 25'% tax and crap no thx.
tax? i thought it is alrdy included on SS' price. They will only charge u extra on shipping fee