Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #1011
a2themonster
A day without sunshine is like... night.

pics pics pics!
a2themonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #1012
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i'm patient, but every single newsletter I look for something about ROBOCOP, and nothing.

He's been buried by Ninjas and Monkeys.
You can't go wrong with Ninjas AND Monkeys
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #1013
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
You can't go wrong with Ninjas AND Monkeys
personally i like robots better, but we can compromise. ROBOTIC MONKEYS AND NINJAS!

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #1014
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I'm going to have to cancel my ex, won't fit in with my collection now I've decided to concentrate mainly on 1:3 scale
if anyone wants my paid in full preorder for $50 off retail let me know
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #1015
toe
Alpha Flight

you live in U.K.?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #1016
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I'm going to have to cancel my ex, won't fit in with my collection now I've decided to concentrate mainly on 1:3 scale
if anyone wants my paid in full preorder for $50 off retail let me know
sorry to hear you will be cancelling, but if it's the right move for you, then i'm happy for you.

a major downfall of this hobby is the pre-ordering and waiting game. Not just PCS bust every company. sadly it's the nature of the beast and as much as i understand that the PO is necessary, it sucks. The statue gets sneaked, we get excited. The statue goes up for PO, we get even more excited and we place the order. We have a feeling of satisfaction, but at the same time there is no immediate satisfacation as the delivery date is 1 year away. again i'm not talking about this specific piece and PCS, but the hobby as a whole. I miss the days of going into a collectible store seeing a cool statue and buying it on the spot. Immediate excitement, matched with immediate satisfaction. My collecting habits have evolved and are now specialized in the sense where there are little to no in store items i would drop the cash on the spot. I believe when McFarlane puts it's WWE statues up for order on their site there is NO pre-ordering they are in-stock, ready to ship when they are put up for order. I wish more companies conducted business like this. But i do understand why it's not entirely possible.

in the end pre-ordering is part of this hobby, but man it sucks.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #1017
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
you live in U.K.?
yes mate

Quote:
sorry to hear you will be cancelling, but if it's the right move for you, then i'm happy for you.

a major downfall of this hobby is the pre-ordering and waiting game. Not just PCS bust every company. sadly it's the nature of the beast and as much as i understand that the PO is necessary, it sucks. The statue gets sneaked, we get excited. The statue goes up for PO, we get even more excited and we place the order. We have a feeling of satisfaction, but at the same time there is no immediate satisfacation as the delivery date is 1 year away. again i'm not talking about this specific piece and PCS, but the hobby as a whole. I miss the days of going into a collectible store seeing a cool statue and buying it on the spot. Immediate excitement, matched with immediate satisfaction. My collecting habits have evolved and are now specialized in the sense where there are little to no in store items i would drop the cash on the spot. I believe when McFarlane puts it's WWE statues up for order on their site there is NO pre-ordering they are in-stock, ready to ship when they are put up for order. I wish more companies conducted business like this. But i do understand why it's not entirely possible.

in the end pre-ordering is part of this hobby, but man it sucks.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #1018
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Pm incoming.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #1019
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
personally i like robots better, but we can compromise. ROBOTIC MONKEYS AND NINJAS!

HELLS YEAH!!!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #1020
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

For some reason I have not noticed this statue until now. Pre-ordered an EX
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote