Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #1011
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
The seller could of been on vacation,but i have dealt with other ebay sellers on vacation,in the end i still got my item,even if wasnt right away,but the first guy who one the auction for Shin got nothing...i dont know seems a little fishy because who would turn down a 1200 Shin Akuma,when we all know it goes for more.IMO the seller would probably want to pass knowing one sold a couple months ago for almost 2k,and another one which sold for a little more than 2k last year.
Yea, I see what you're saying. At the end of the day, it's hard to know what happened without being closer to the situation.

Quote:
I cant believe even at 2k for a shin,there still are no sellers,how much am i gonna have to pay for this piece,and how long will it be till we see another on the bay
Are you referring to the scarcity of Shins in general getting put up for sale, or did you actually put a WTB Shin Akuma ad up and got no response?
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #1012
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Quite possibly a diamond mine bro,gold is selling at what 1200 a pound.And Shin Akuma sold once this year for 1800.Golds got nothing on this piece,and the surprising thing is owners are not budging,even when its selling at 8 times the original value.Its become a Picasso of sort
This is madness! i dont see the reason why anyone would buy the Akuma or Shin Akuma for 2G's. its an outrageous move from anyone doing it and an excellent profit taking from anyone selling for that price. Gold is Gold! it will always be worth money. Same with rare pieces of art that we all know and see on museum's made by the artist, not in China in a assembely line.
Akuma's faze will pass. Like everything else in life
just my input.
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #1013
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well in the general aspect of things yes i am surprised there are no Buy it Nows/OBO on the bay for 2 or 3k or whatever astromical price one would have in mind.But i do understand there are only maybe 200 around the world,so really how often you gonna see one up for sale,once or twice a year on the bay.As for wanting to buy one at 2k,i offered a local guy something very very close to that number,only to get a No Way buddy in return.It really makes you think
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #1014
Ricky Bobby

Well benocehcap,i agree the whole thing is ridicolous and almost comical,but for some people including myself who were unable to buy one at the time of its original release,have now only one option,pay up or let it go.For me this is no fad,i have played many hours of SF and SNK VS Capcom 2,and have loved every moment using Shin Akuma and his deadly moves where the screen goes black and your opponent is left dead on the screen,so owning one is a must.Plus Akuma needs his counterpart,cant have Akuma without Shinakuma,there are the same and yet they are not
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #1015
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Well in the general aspect of things yes i am surprised there are no Buy it Nows/OBO on the bay for 2 or 3k or whatever astromical price one would have in mind.But i do understand there are only maybe 200 around the world,so really how often you gonna see one up for sale,once or twice a year on the bay.As for wanting to buy one at 2k,i offered a local guy something very very close to that number,only to get a No Way buddy in return.It really makes you think
Yea, I remember a SF thread about Shin Akuma vs. Doom PF and someone mentioned that one of the things that makes Shin special is that, even if you have the cash, it's hard to track one down (like you said, only see them on eBay a few times per year)....unlike Doom who surfaces several times per month.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #1016
Ricky Bobby

Exactly woozieO,you or i can go pretty much go anytime onto the bay,including even right now and buy a Doom PF EX,even if its a little higher price tag than the current market value for that piece.But to track down a Shin,is liking tracking down a spy,almost impossible,and if and when you do,you cant think for long,you are gonna have to pull the trigger or it will be gone
Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #1017
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Well benocehcap,i agree the whole thing is ridicolous and almost comical,but for some people including myself who were unable to buy one at the time of its original release,have now only one option,pay up or let it go.For me this is no fad,i have played many hours of SF and SNK VS Capcom 2,and have loved every moment using Shin Akuma and his deadly moves where the screen goes black and your opponent is left dead on the screen,so owning one is a must.Plus Akuma needs his counterpart,cant have Akuma without Shinakuma,there are the same and yet they are not
Do they have SNK vs. Capcom 2 for the xbox 360?
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #1018
Ricky Bobby

I am not really sure,because the one i have is for my PS2,i know its kinda old,but imo that has to be one of the best fighting games ever.If i remember correct,Shin Akuma has a 33 hit combo special move,once activated by the 5 button sequence,pure enjoyment if you can connect it to your opponent.I would love to see a new SNK VS Capcom,so many characters and excellent supers.Plus just holding the two different consoles controllers,i think PS would be better,but thats just my opinion.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #1019
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
Do they have SNK vs. Capcom 2 for the xbox 360?
Not specifically, but the Xbox version is backwards compatible. You just can't play it online anymore.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #1020
RyanGabriel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi fellow Vancouverites

Quote:
I am not really sure,because the one i have is for my PS2,i know its kinda old,but imo that has to be one of the best fighting games ever.If i remember correct,Shin Akuma has a 33 hit combo special move,once activated by the 5 button sequence,pure enjoyment if you can connect it to your opponent.I would love to see a new SNK VS Capcom,so many characters and excellent supers.Plus just holding the two different consoles controllers,i think PS would be better,but thats just my opinion.
RyanGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote