Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #1011
Abrissbirne
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

To be fair, Sideshow is hardly competition. XM is leagues better already.
Abrissbirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #1012
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

He looks killer, definitely a worthy addition to the lineup...
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #1013
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I believe their brown costumed Wolverine is being held hostage due to Sideshow having one in the works before them and XM either choosing not to compete with it (unlikely) or not being able to compete with it due to a licensing stipulation (more likely.)
The sad part about it is SS hasn't even announced a brown Wolverine. To my knowledge, anyway...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #1014
toe
Alpha Flight

Paint on the black stripe looks sloppy. Or they supposed to be like that. Slight bleed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Omg yay! NEW WOLVERINE IMAGES!

God he looks great! I can't wait to get him on my shelf!
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #1015
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Last word from SS is that any X Men PF is at least one year from now before it's shown, which means two years at least before anything is in hand.
I don't think that's the reason behind it since XM could easily make a Brown Wolvie on the spot and have it released for early 2016.
Probably they don't want to start a new sculpt of a yet to be released character so soon, before exploring other characters.
It seems that (unlike SS), XM has understood that a lot of "secondary" characters have quite a following between fans and that keep making and remaking the same usual names is useless.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #1016
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrissbirne View Post
To be fair, Sideshow is hardly competition. XM is leagues better already.
SSC is absolutely competition. They both release 1/4 scale Marvel product. Whether an individual collector feels they are on par with XM or not quality wise is largely irrelevant. They have an established well known business with a ton more exposure than XM and are far more accessible for the majority of the collecting community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The sad part about it is SS hasn't even announced a brown Wolverine. To my knowledge, anyway...
While they haven't "officially announced" anything, if you pay close attention in the SSC section you'll see that it is indeed on the table and most likely in the works. XM has also confirmed as much in their postings re: their brown Wolverine. Marvel likely has some sort of non-compete clause when it comes to releasing like product. Makes sense too as having multiple options of the same character on the market simultaneously could potentially hurt cumulative sales.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #1017
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Last word from SS is that any X Men PF is at least one year from now before it's shown, which means two years at least before anything is in hand.
I don't think that's the reason behind it since XM could easily make a Brown Wolvie on the spot and have it released for early 2016.
Probably they don't want to start a new sculpt of a yet to be released character so soon, before exploring other characters.
It seems that (unlike SS), XM has understood that a lot of "secondary" characters have quite a following between fans and that keep making and remaking the same usual names is useless.
XM stated they had a Brown Wolvie ready at the same time the yellow Wolvie was shown way back when. XM also stated that they were told by their licensor they had to wait to put it out for whatever reason.

The brown Wolverine is posed on a Japanese roof top from what they did disclose.

I was originally holding out to order the brown one and I only ordered the yellow one after they released the delay info.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #1018
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
While they haven't "officially announced" anything, if you pay close attention in the SSC section you'll see that it is indeed on the table and most likely in the works. XM has also confirmed as much in their postings re: their brown Wolverine. Marvel likely has some sort of non-compete clause when it comes to releasing like product. Makes sense too as having multiple options of the same character on the market simultaneously could potentially hurt cumulative sales.
Sure did not work that way with the GG Iron Patriot if I remember correctly.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #1019
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
XM stated they had a Brown Wolvie ready at the same time the yellow Wolvie was shown way back when. XM also stated that they were told by their licensor they had to wait to put it out for whatever reason.

The brown Wolverine is posed on a Japanese roof top from what they did disclose.

I was originally holding out to order the brown one and I only ordered the yellow one after they released the delay info.
Thanks, I missed this bit (but I admit I didn't follow Wolverine very closely), I seem to recall I've read something very similar regarding their comic Iron Man tho, they've been requested to slow down from the licensor to avoid market saturation along with "other companies".
Too bad, the concept sounds very solid.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #1020
keewan
Death is hereditary.

IIRC Hellfire Emma Frost also blocked XM White Queen.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote