Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #1011
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't support Disney mangling the comics and statue industry. Comics are the origin and mutants deserve better than how they have been treated lately

It's reall a sad time to be an XMen fan. Especially when they are your favorite series -- take it from me
That's because Thor put the smackdown on all the X-men.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #1012
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Disney DOES want the rights back. Otherwise they wouldn't be devaluing the properties hurting themselves in the short term, knowing that in the long term they'll reap the benefits when the licenses FINALLY are bought back.

Fox doesn't deserve the X-Men licenses. Their movies are garbage in comparison to the wonder work Disney/Marvel have done. I'm a huge X-Men fan, so I 100% support what Disney is doing. I'd rather go the next 5 years with zero X-Men merch knowing that they'll go to a house of quality than the next 30 putting up with what Fox has been dribbling out.

So while it's a shame that this project might be dead, hopefully it'll be resurrected sometime in the future.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #1013
skillet
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Disney might get FF4 back in 5 yrs, but not X-Men.
skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #1014
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Disney might get FF4 back in 5 yrs, but not X-Men.
Jackman has said that he's done playing Wolverine after this next one. And without him Fox has no one that can carry those movies. Hopefully they sell it and Disney can create the movies we all want.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #1015
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Fox doesn't deserve the X-Men licenses. Their movies are garbage in comparison to the wonder work Disney/Marvel have done. I'm a huge X-Men fan, so I 100% support what Disney is doing. I'd rather go the next 5 years with zero X-Men merch knowing that they'll go to a house of quality than the next 30 putting up with what Fox has been dribbling out.
Have to disagree completely. X-Men 1-2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are absolutely fantastic comic book movies. Especially First Class and Days of Future Past....way more depth than Age of Ultron imo.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #1016
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Seriously! The recent x-men flicks have been great!

Only problem is that Disney is having a fit and we are in the cross fire here.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #1017
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Have to disagree completely. X-Men 1-2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are absolutely fantastic comic book movies. Especially First Class and Days of Future Past....way more depth than Age of Ultron imo.
This. So much of this.

You have to give these movies an unbiased watch, Gorocketcat. The first X-Men (2000) was an important achievement, and arguably the start of the modern superhero cinema. Don't waste your time on X3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but everything else is solid. And Darren don't lie: DoFP > AoU. Keep an open mind.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #1018
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

I've watched them all, within the last 6 months. They rage from absolute ---- to decent. First Class being the best one.

Their costume designers suck. The universe and overarching story they try to create sucks. Doubly so when you compare it to what Disney/Marvel have been able to do.

And I'm someone who loves the 90s cartoon, still reads the comics, and LOVED the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

Fox doesn't deserve them. They deserve significantly better.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #1019
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Jackman has said that he's done playing Wolverine after this next one. And without him Fox has no one that can carry those movies. Hopefully they sell it and Disney can create the movies we all want.
I disagree. Jackman didn't make Wolverine....Wolverine made Jackman.

And there are plenty of actors / actresses that can carry the X-Men movies.

But to your point, I too want X-men and F4 back in the Marvel camp. I want the continuity and involvement of them in the rest of the Marvel U they have built. Can you imagine seeing Wolvie pop up in a future season of DD? That's the kind of stuff I would really want.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #1020
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This. So much of this.

You have to give these movies an unbiased watch, Gorocketcat. The first X-Men (2000) was an important achievement, and arguably the start of the modern superhero cinema. Don't waste your time on X3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but everything else is solid. And Darren don't lie: DoFP > AoU. Keep an open mind.
I would say that goes to Blade (which many seem to forget) and / or The Crow (another comic adaptation).

And before then, Superman 1 & 2 and Batman.