Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #1031
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
There is collectors who would go the 1:4 route and get every represnetation of the character or there is a collector like me who buys mostly 1:3 and some 1:2 and just get the key piece of that character i want. I prefer going 1:3 but for me that means out i miss out on other pieces. So with the Justice league i am only collecting the trinity where as if i went the 1:4 router i would collect them all.

Space is always an issue overall for sure.

I wonder if Sideshow will receive any more of these. Prime 1 still have the fabric version available on their site. Just jumped on the waitlist. Missed out locally.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:20 PM   #1032
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
There is collectors who would go the 1:4 route and get every represnetation of the character or there is a collector like me who buys mostly 1:3 and some 1:2 and just get the key piece of that character i want. I prefer going 1:3 but for me that means out i miss out on other pieces. So with the Justice league i am only collecting the trinity where as if i went the 1:4 router i would collect them all.
true we have to eventually decide what we can actually fit and afford. If I was collecting g 1:4 I would get 1-3 or more of a certain character. If I have the ultimate version. One is enough. It's really the same more or less. Depends what you like or will go for in time. Judging by the pics that 1:3 superman is so, so much cooler than the 1:4 imo and more and more who has a open mind agrees now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #1033
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
I wonder if Sideshow will receive any more of these. Prime 1 still have the fabric version available on their site. Just jumped on the waitlist.
I liked the sculpted cape lot more. But in time after seeing g the size of these. Now I prefer fabric cape because I can adjust it the way I wanted and also to fit in where I prefer. This is coming from someone who hates fabric capes. It works out great on these massive statues.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #1034
M United
The Spirit

Fabric cape on Superman is iconic. I like them both but if the fabric cape looks good and can be relatively easily be put right to look fantastic then i am sticking with the fabric. Its not only cheaper for me to buy locally but with Superman that is one hero where when i think of him i think of fabric cape.

Batman on the other hand is fine sclulpted (master race batman).
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #1035
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I liked the sculpted cape lot more. But in time after seeing g the size of these. Now I prefer fabric cape because I can adjust it the way I wanted and also to fit in where I prefer. This is coming from someone who hates fabric capes. It works out great on these massive statues.
An average room that is 12 x 14 is about 120sq ft. And people are complaining about an extra 3 inches in depth for a statue. Ha. I don't care I love both versions but this whole space argument is getting a little ridiculous. Just admit you lost out on the sculpted or prefer the fabric. Stop with the excuses. This community is consumed with childish rhetoric. And I'm guilty of getting sucked in. Why are we even discussing this fabric vs sculpt thing. This is an incredible statue. If you are lucky to be able to spend 1000 on this stuff you are spoiled. Be happy.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #1036
Atrana23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Space is space. People overblow the ability to manage a 1/3 piece for many reasons. Some of those include the need to receive more statues in the mail with more frequency. Even with all the questionable QC issues that come with it more often than not.
I have to agree. But that is anyone's prerogative. I think 1/4 scale and 1/3 can be balanced in a collection but of course when paired next to each other they will not look friendly. Ha. I always look for 1/4 scales that screw larger so they can balance.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #1037
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
This at $999 makes Sideshows $2000 LSFs and ECC's $2500+ 1:3's look way over-priced.
]
Not really a fair comparison with the Ecc stuff, your talking a few hundred edition size compared to well over 2000 plus Ecc pieces are mostly way more complex than this.
It’s a awesome piece though, prime 1 are almost tempting me back into comic related statues
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #1038
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrana23 View Post
I have to agree. But that is anyone's prerogative. I think 1/4 scale and 1/3 can be balanced in a collection but of course when paired next to each other they will not look friendly. Ha. I always look for 1/4 scales that screw larger so they can balance.
Like Thanos on throne.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #1039
Atrana23

Quote:
Like Thanos on throne.
Exactly.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #1040
Atrana23

I had my 1/3 iron studios batman black next to my old SS batman modern version PF and although it was much bigger it actually didn't overpower it, I think because of the great cape on the SS statue. But this superman next to to that poor 1/4 52 statue looked really bad. All I know is this is the superman sculpted or fabric that will be the end all for me; because it is classic and intense. Of course Reeve Superman would be a great addition because he was the best and an iconic actor for comic purposes.