Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-10-2022, 01:47 PM   #1031
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Went the bust route with this one and I'm happy I did. It gives me a chance to have a piece of an awesome statue without worrying about the price or space. The paint detail even on the bust is incredible. I can absolutely see why this was pick of the year for most people.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #1032
Darkhawk81
Frackin!

I'm pretty worried about the leaning issues I've heard about and was still shocked at the shipping price (even after expecting it). Hoping there's a way I can prevent him from leaning by placing something under his foot. Hush might be my fav storyline and, being a child of the 80s and growing up on the DC Super Powers action figure line, I've always gravitated towards the blue costume (same way with the black suit Spidey). This is one of my last pieces and will be by far my largest statue. I have about 4 other statues on PO and I'm out. If they ever do a 1/4 classic Darkhawk, I'll jump on it. Other than that, it'll take a lot for me to make any more purchases. Currently between jobs and don't have a dedicated room for statues.
Darkhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:07 PM   #1033
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk81 View Post
I'm pretty worried about the leaning issues I've heard about and was still shocked at the shipping price (even after expecting it). Hoping there's a way I can prevent him from leaning by placing something under his foot. Hush might be my fav storyline and, being a child of the 80s and growing up on the DC Super Powers action figure line, I've always gravitated towards the blue costume (same way with the black suit Spidey). This is one of my last pieces and will be by far my largest statue. I have about 4 other statues on PO and I'm out. If they ever do a 1/4 classic Darkhawk, I'll jump on it. Other than that, it'll take a lot for me to make any more purchases. Currently between jobs and don't have a dedicated room for statues.
I've had this since it first shipped and to be perfectly honest, he hasn't moved or leaned whatsoever. The foot peg is really big and it's also long (Insert your dirty jokes here at any time! Lol). I actually have a small leveler behind the cape and I check it from time to time and it's still centered. Hopefully this gives you some peace of mind Darkhawk. Congrats on picking this one up.

This is an amazing statue through and through and I love all the switch outs that comes with it as well.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:15 PM   #1034
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, I have to agree. I've had it for a while now and I have no leaning issues at all.

When I see a leaning issue as severe as some of these pictures.....I don't know man. It's hard for me to not be skeptical that the owner did something wrong. And maybe that's true, maybe not. But it doesn't make me concerned whatsoever about mine. I don't know the entire story of what I'm seeing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:59 PM   #1035
Darkhawk81
Frackin!

Thanks for input! I have a personal connection to this piece in that Bat's physique in this statue was what I've been training to achieve in real life. So much so, that I entered and won a men's physique competition during the process. During some of my tougher workouts I'd even tell myself, "I am vengeance, I am the night", and had a mental image of this statue in my mind. It helped me push through when I was tired and on a big caloric deficit.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:05 PM   #1036
Biggunz
Loki

Is mine leaning ?

He?s over there sitting on his box in the garage.

Gf kicked him out of the house because he was too big
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB4753CC-EF1E-40D6-9D71-4D1805554374.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	149680  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:55 PM   #1037
nearmint
Phoenix

Looks ok to me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:42 AM   #1038
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Is mine leaning ?

He?s over there sitting on his box in the garage.

Gf kicked him out of the house because he was too big
Easier to tell when he's upright Not to worry, I got your back...I agree with nearmint, he looks good to me. Tell your girlfriend something like "suck it up Buttercup, Bats is moving back in"...I'm sure it'll go over just fine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GunzBatCave.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	149682  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:13 AM   #1039
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk81 View Post
Just got an email from SC to pay my balance, the Deluxe (blue) is in.
Huh, I didn?t get anything yet.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:31 AM   #1040
Darkhawk81
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Huh, I didn?t get anything yet.
May want to give them a call. I placed my order early last year so not sure if SC is processing these in the order they were placed or not. Also you never know if these companies get their full order in at a time of if it comes in waves (has happened to me with Sideshow a few times). I know the regular came in about a month ago to SC. I'm also pretty sure Secret Compass is a smaller company so it might take them a little longer to process their orders once they arrive.