Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #1031
Spazzy
Hercules

at 26" I thought it would be much more too, practically a bargain!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #1032
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think people get too caught up in scale. If you have the money, then why not buying a statue for how awesome it looks and not how tall it will look next to other statues? My collection is so large and varied, that I think anyone can admire it for how I creatively displayed. I can display statues, busts, action figures, art and comics in a room and people will call it a museum quality display. I get complimented all the time for having a wide range of collectibles. To stick to one scale to me is just flat out boring.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #1033
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
I think people get too caught up in scale. If you have the money, then why not buying a statue for how awesome it looks and not how tall it will look next to other statues? My collection is so large and varied, that I think anyone can admire it for how I creatively displayed. I can display statues, busts, action figures, art and comics in a room and people will call it a museum quality display. I get complimented all the time for having a wide range of collectibles. To stick to one scale to me is just flat out boring.
I have all types of scaled statues at home. The only thing that is missing from my collection are Bowen statues. I refuse to buy them, not because of scale but the price BD is asking for them.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #1034
slaine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I'm agree with you. I also have several scales but I was just seeing if it will look smaller than Thor, then probably it will required to be displayed separate one from the other. Anyway I thing that this Destroyes is a must have statue
slaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #1035
Spazzy
Hercules

I don't have any bowens, used to, but the quality is so so for me, some are great, but pricey for the size. But I do have other statues in 1/6 a few smaller, not many, but they are my least favorite scale, and most ignored.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #1036
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

You can buy both of these for less than the Neytiri maquette LOL.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #1037
Spazzy
Hercules

a much better deal imo
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1038
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Nah buy what you like, if the scale doesn't bother you go for it.

There is no such thing as being too caught up because it's a conscious decision in the direction of your collection display. I've been reading comics since I was a kid and just like I find those Bowen displays with everything in scale pretty cool and I'm thinking they would look awesome in 1/4 scale too and I can't afford to fit everything without it getting cluttered so I save a ton of cash on this 1/5 scale stuff. To you it may be boring, but then again everyone is different : )
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #1039
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme

I see everything and appreciate them separately. If the scales match up, that's just a bonus.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #1040
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Even though I was bitter for legacy not bringing out that big boy destroyer I stil think at 26 inches in height this will sought after in the future it looks to be a great sculpt though in hand pics should be killer
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote