Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #1031
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

"They are very limited. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. Capcom sells millions of Street Fighter games. So 800 or less statues is extremely limited no matter how you slice it.

The question you are trying to ask is, should we be making them more limited so they increase in value at a quicker pace.

As a business, we need to capitalize on the popularity of the Chun Li's and Sagats as that profit is what allows us to make the less popular characters. If we limited Sagat to 500 total pcs then the next time we have a flop, it would REALLY hurt us. By selling 800 Sagats we have now created a buffer to take a risk on a less popular character.

Also, I firmly believe that its not IF Guile and Bison will increase in value...its WHEN. Ken and Cammy were both available for LESS than retail after they came out...but a couple years later they started to increase in value and today they have close to tripled in value."

Just too bad Zangief was either considered unpopular or made before this policy

But seriously thats the best thing Ive seen said on this forum. Some people seem to think you make these statues to put food on their table and pay their bills.
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1032
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
...and people are allowed to order more than one ex?
I think this is a good thing to allow buying more than one.
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #1033
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Jerry theoertically speaking, how many units would you have to sell to warrant a release if you were ever to do a Toxic Avenger PF? I imagine it way too obscure of a character to justify, even those who like Toxie, I don't know who would be crazy enough to buy a 1:4 statue, apart from me .. Cult fans would love it but they'd have to know of its existence.. He is indeed an obscure character and I am in no rush for it the way I am say MK and SF, but even years down the road, I would love to see one done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator View Post
Any updates regarding scorpion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Ive been personally resculpting a lot of him. After looking at him in San Diego there was a lot I wasnt digging. he's almost done though...
Can't wait to see this!
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #1034
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

lloyd and I have casually discussed it for years now but it only makes sense i sculpt it personally and its hard to find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Jerry theoertically speaking, how many units would you have to sell to warrant a release if you were ever to do a Toxic Avenger PF? I imagine it way too obscure of a character to justify, even those who like Toxie, I don't know who would be crazy enough to buy a 1:4 statue, apart from me .. Cult fans would love it but they'd have to know of its existence.. He is indeed an obscure character and I am in no rush for it the way I am say MK and SF, but even years down the road, I would love to see one done

Can't wait to see this!
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #1035
MrYac
Hercules

i just need a yes or no here since i know you won't get into specifics, will i personally be happy with the website exclusive character

also if i slipped you $5 could you work a Klownzilla PF into your lineup someday?
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #1036
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
I think this is a good thing to allow buying more than one.
Christina
Haha YOU would say that, wouldn't you?

Another question for you Jerry. You said the next SF PF would be a pcs EX, but what will be the timeframe/gap between Sagat and the next PF to go up on sideshow? I remember you saying it would be more frequent from now on..

Sorry also, I was wondering if you could shed some light on the step by step process of making a PF up till they get shipped. I mean once it's sculpted, what happens next? Does it go straight to china after approvals? I've been very curious.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #1037
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

whats the point in having more than one of the same piece in your display anyway it looks silly. buy more than one to store away and flip it later by all means but display them both .. dont get it im afraid
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #1038
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Jerry, did you test Sagat with other colours like with Chun-Li and M. Bison, or were you dead set on the blue/yellow from the beginning?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #1039
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
whats the point in having more than one of the same piece in your display anyway it looks silly. buy more than one to store away and flip it later by all means but display them both .. dont get it im afraid
Keep one flip one at a later date
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #1040
Quest99
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Displaying from the front and from the back at the same time along with a framed COA. If you have the space and the money.....why not? Looks cool IMO.

Quest99 is offline   Reply With Quote