Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #1041
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Just looked at the final assembled prototype... he looks ok.
I just went limp
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #1042
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I am not as huge of a MAGS fan as some here...BUT I realize everyone (including myself) has been yelling for a good SS Magneto statue & SS Juggernaut statue forever. I have to honestly say after waiting so long, that I am overall disappointed with this piece as the near-final Magneto offering. SS is a GREAT company and I truly love their stuff, but this statue is underwhelming...to me. All others who get it...congrats and enjoy. Sadly, I think I gotta pass on this.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #1043
SONICobra
Batman

I still don't get how people don't like the base...? I get the "oh another sentinel..." thing but this is the best any sentinel themed anything has ever looked. after watching a few videos the level of detail is immense, you can tell thought was put into every square inch of it

I understand and hear the other critiques, this sculpt really works for me but I get how it might not for others. call me a fanboy if you want, don't care - I always come across as gushing about stuff because I try to avoid negative critiques or complaining about stuff; I usually just don't say anything when I don't like something. I love this hobby and art form, im impressed as hell with what these artists are able to accomplish

admittedly I was hesitant at first about the portrait but after watching a few videos im 100% back on board. maybe they will do a classic variant for you other fellas

check out the base detail in Ehollywoods video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6aW...#t=262.8876104
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #1044
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I agree. The base is cool and deformed in spectacular fashion.

I'm still taking issue with the paint app, on the helmet like I said, but also with the suit now (in watching more videos). As is, it appears more 'vinyl', plastic-y, and less leathery. I'd hope for the latter. Maybe just more shading/shadowing?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #1045
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
If only..........
Yeah, this is what the PF could/should have looked like. If only SSC hired Daniel Bel to do the Mags PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #1046
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Come on guys. At least it's not as bad as Deathstroker!
It's right there IMO.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #1047
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I may still order this.. If SS is going to be doing a whole X-Men line that belongs together, I don't think this is bad. People's expectations were too high on this one. I still like the floating illusion, and I bet in hand pics will be stunning.
Don't expect much out of this line. Sideshow will do a few pieces then abandon it like they have every other X-MEN line they've done. Astonishing COM line...kaput and Lee PF line...MIA. Just a matter of time before this line of X-MEN with made up costumes vanishes as well.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #1048
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'm not a deathstroke fan but i'd buy death stroke before this and i love x-men.
I'm a HUGE fan of both characters and I'm buying neither. Sideshow blew it with both of them with these ridiculous costumes and cosplay looking statutes.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #1049
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Well.. major pieces aren't gathering much love

Magneto.. batman LSF ...

I feel sorry for the Xmen fans really
Yeah, sideshow has done nothing but screw over X-Fans as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #1050
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
This would have been amazing! Fully sculpted would have been the way to go (even if it was an expensive Maquette) Die-Hard fans "including myself" would have shelled the cash for him! Same goes for Wolverine. The only Sculptor to really capture Wolvie was Martin Canale. Severely let down and hoping Prime-1 delivers with their 1/4 scale line.
IMO, the OG XM Mags, Daniel Bel's Mags, and the Koto Mags are all phenomenal sculpts of the character. I personally consider them the very best.