Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #1051
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
currently considering the possibility
thanks for the response but...

no offense Gonk, but you should be a politician because you just said a whole lot of nothing

i think a lot of members on this forum are very leary about investing in this line because of the uncertainty and history surrounding the Danger Room series

the 1st 3 are excellent sculpts (congrats to Erick), but why as a consumer would i purchase these when i already have the 3 Reborns and can get no more than "currently considering the possibility" when it comes to the future of this line

Koto needs to confirm their commitment to this series...pronto...give the consumers an idea as to where it's heading , character ideas etc etc

because of the indecisiveness of this company i'll go (yet again) to another company to fulfill my needs

it's such a shame really....i've waited and waited for more Avengers from Koto because i feel Mr. Sosa is hands down, the best person for the job...his work is brilliant
yet i get the feeling Koto management is too busy (and more concerned about) counting beans in the boardroom

just sayin...
and at this point i truly don't expect anybody at Koto to listen
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #1052
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
At this point I can say we are currently considering the possibility of expanding our Classic Avengers line.

As a side note Erick is in the process of making revisions to Iron Man's helmet and Thor's hammer.
thank you for the information Gonk! Glad to her Koto is listening to fan concerns regarding Thor and Iron Man. Any plans on fixing the paint application on the Cap piece as the red and white stripes on him abs should be reversed.

Anxiously awaiting the announcement of Hawkeye, Vision, and the Scarlet Witch!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #1053
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger69 View Post

no offense Gonk, but you should be a politician because you just said a whole lot of nothing

i think a lot of members on this forum are very leary about investing in this line because of the uncertainty and history surrounding the Danger Room series

the 1st 3 are excellent sculpts (congrats to Erick), but why as a consumer would i purchase these when i already have the 3 Reborns and can get no more than "currently considering the possibility" when it comes to the future of this line

Koto needs to confirm their commitment to this series...pronto...give the consumers an idea as to where it's heading , character ideas etc etc

because of the indecisiveness of this company i'll go (yet again) to another company to fulfill my needs

it's such a shame really....i've waited and waited for more Avengers from Koto because i feel Mr. Sosa is hands down, the best person for the job...his work is brilliant
yet i get the feeling Koto management is too busy (and more concerned about) counting beans in the boardroom

just sayin...
Even if they say they have things lined up, it's just a promise that can be easily taken back. Case in point... Rogue, Sabretooth, etc. The thing is, the company's credibility has already been tarnished that no matter how good the sculpts Eric makes, people would still have second thoughts investing because we're not sure if the company will deliver. SDCC's done and we're still in the dark as to the future of the Danger Room line. And everyone's still mum about whether Rogue, Sabes and the variant Wolverines will see the light of day.
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #1054
ArcReactor
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Even if they say they have things lined up, it's just a promise that can be easily taken back. Case in point... Rogue, Sabretooth, etc. The thing is, the company's credibility has already been tarnished that no matter how good the sculpts Eric makes, people would still have second thoughts investing because we're not sure if the company will deliver. SDCC's done and we're still in the dark as to the future of the Danger Room line. And everyone's still mum about whether Rogue, Sabes and the variant Wolverines will see the light of day.
I totally agree. Koto's reluctancy to share any information or give concrete answers regarding the future of the Danger Room line is frustrating to say the least. It has undoubtedly alienated many collectors and scared off many potential ones.

I've stated before that this line has so much potential to be one of the best X-Men collections ever. So why all the uncertainty and lack of commitment from Koto? My guess would be that sales of their products have not met initial projections and therefore are facing the issue of sustainability and profitability. I understand that this is a business and if you're not making money from the product you are selling then it makes no sense to continue selling said product. But really, it's not that cut and dry.

You cannot simply conclude that a line will fail just because of inadequate sales figures from the first few statues released. Wolverine and Psylocke may not have sold out the first week it was released but I bet that they will eventually... in a few months or maybe even a few years. Bottom line is that they will sell out, just give it some time. I think the main reason Wolverine was not an instant sell out was because the market is oversaturated with statues of his character. But I bet if the brown Wolverine was released before the yellow, tiger-stripe version, it would have sold way more. Or maybe if Storm or Iceman were released first, sales would have been higher because very few statues have been made for these characters.

Koto should continue this line because:

1) Erick is a gifted sculptor who knows how to capture the essence of these characters (in the iconic style of Jim Lee) like no one else can, e.g. Psylocke, Colossus, upcoming Magneto, etc.
2) Having Erick as the principal sculptor makes the line truly consistent, whereas other lines often utilize multiple sculptors with varying styles and interpretations
3) It offers a fresh alternative to other similar lines from other companies, with a unique 'Danger Room' theme
4) 1/6 scale keeps costs down and appeals to collectors on a limited budget
5) There are millions of X-Men fans worldwide, so sales potential is very high
6) Many collectors have already started investing in this line and are committed to seeing it completed through to the end
7) Taking risks is often necessary to achieve success
ArcReactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #1055
King4aday04
Fantastic Four

Give us word on the danger room series
Yes or No?
and if so what is planned next. uncertianty will only make more waver on the line
King4aday04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #1056
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:

just sayin...
Do any collectible companies promise you future releases of certain characters or lines?
Look at Sideshow, they haven't released a single Brooks or AH comiquette in quite a while. You don't see people demanding to know about that line. Well you do, but people aren't being rude about it and threatening the company.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #1057
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Well you do, but people aren't being rude about it and threatening the company.
wait...are you saying that because i'm asking for honest answers i'm being rude and threatening ?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #1058
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
are you saying that because i'm asking for honest answers i'm being rude and threatening ?
"because of the indecisiveness of this company i'll go (yet again) to another company to fulfill my needs"

I don't think that was entirely necessary, but whatever. I think your point could have been stated in a better way. JMO
Also, people have been asking about these lines since this thread was started and no one has gotten answers, why keep posting the same questions? And, isn't Gambit and Magneto part of the X-Men line? So it is obvious that Kotobukiya is still producing them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #1059
Shadowfax

Quote:
"because of the indecisiveness of this company i'll go (yet again) to another company to fulfill my needs"

I don't think that was entirely necessary, but whatever.
disagree...as a consumer i'm just giving them my feedback on how i feel about the situation...and i'm sure that's the main reason they look into and participate in this forum

i wasn't being rude...i WANT more products from Koto !
but if they aren't going to deliver (in the form of either answers or products) then i'll move on...simple

Quote:

Also, people have been asking about these lines since this thread was started and no one has gotten answers,
ya, pretty sad isn't it
why does Koto even bother to participate in here if they won't answer simple questions ????
Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #1060
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I agree to some of Avenger69's points. Koto does need to answer questions raised by people in this forum quickly. As to the accuracy and reliability of Gonk's answers, I'm sure there are a lot of things we aren't aware of. Gonk is just the speaker for Koto here, he doesn't own the company. It's not his fault that the company wants to thrill and surprise its customers with its upcoming products. Besides it's part of the excitement, not knowing what will come next (well maybe that's just me). And dechirico's right, aren't magneto, colossus, and gambit part of the Danger Room Session? They are.

Why would people want to buy the classic avengers when they already have the 3 reborn? Simple. Because it'd be awesome to have Classic and Modern version of these 3 great Marvel heroes in a display.

As to all the people suggesting Koto make certain characters, this is what I'm going to say:

We all have our favorite marvel characters alright? But Kotobukiya is a company. Its main purpose is to profit. Therefore it needs to consider the "sell-ability" of the statues they make. And I'm sure it takes a lot of time in meetings discussing statistics and all that junk. You want them to make this and that character. It's all good but, how many people actually know these characters? Kotobukiya needs to make statues appeal to the masses, therefore they are more likely to create statues of famous marvel characters. Characters who, even non-comic book-reading people like me know. So I do understand Koto for not doing some of the statues you want them to make.

As for the sabertooth and rogue statue, I have no idea why they haven't released them yet. They are freakin' popular. Maybe Koto's just having problems with the license.

This is just my view on the topic please don't hate on me
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote