Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #1061
SONICobra
Batman

my vote is for freeze
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:26 PM   #1062
SDguy

Second vote for Freeze. That Nightwing is WAY too busy.... he looks like a Bayformer.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #1063
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Second vote for Freeze. That Nightwing is WAY too busy.... he looks like a Bayformer.

Lol. Roger that! My vote is on Freeze as well.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #1064
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Are you getting any of the other Samurai pieces? Highly recommend Freeze, he's one of my favorite villains and I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
my vote is for freeze
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Lol. Roger that! My vote is on Freeze as well.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Looks like you guys are just reinforcing the way I was leaning. Freeze it is. I still think he's too expensive but hey, free statues are one of the many advantages of being married. Thanks fellas.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #1065
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Freeze is great. So glad I have him and Scarecrow. They punch up my Rogues collection amazingly.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #1066
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I may have to choose between this Freeze and the XM Samurai Nightwing. Both are ultra cool, one is not one of my favorite characters but heavily detailed and "way" pricey. The other is one of my favorite villains and a "little" too pricey.
I don't even like Nightwing, but I PO'd the Samurai one. It's just too epic. They're doing a Samurai Freeze eventually, so I'm waiting on that to be shown. Otherwise, the SSC Freeze is really nice, but I'm trying to match my Samurai collection.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:17 PM   #1067
marcos619
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My Mr. Freeze ex converted. Amazing statue!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7053[5180].jpg
Views:	56
Size:	771.0 KB
ID:	135398   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7052[5179].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	817.9 KB
ID:	135399  
marcos619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:07 AM   #1068
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just picked up Freeze. My quick take, the Good, the Bad , & the Very Ugly.

The Good.

The portrait & overall design are really good, which led me to buy. The pose though "tired", works for this character & goes well with the sleek design of the costume.

Even the base, which has huge problems, I don't mind their stylized approach, but the finish is another matter.

The Bad.

Though I like the design of the costume, the colour/look of the cooling coils/tubing is so cheap looking that i was left stunned. A beautifully colour toned statue, with a subtle/cold vibe, has been rendered childish by the loud cheap looking color choice for the coils. Even if SS was trying to add some pop to the statue(?), the loud tubing colour wasn't needed, as the ice shards already served that purpose.

The metal costume design is good, but once again, the finish (or lack of), is so plain & cheap looking, that it brings the quality of the work way down. I mean, lucky are the folk who had a chain smoking factory painter cough all over their statues, & by "mistake" sealed, cause all it took was a simple "wash", to add badly needed depth.

Paint apps shouldn't be a sculptor's bane, but rather the "stain(s)" that bring the works to life. They are sorely lacking here.

The Very Ugly.

The base. Again, I like the design, but I can honestly say that this is the cheapest looking base that I have ever received. EVER! So shockingly cheap looking, I'm speechless. At this stage in the game, something like this should have died on the vine.

Bottom line? Hoping the arrival of Bane will help ease the pain, cause as it stands, I'm not too pleased with the Freeze. A pity, because the sculpt deserved way more.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #1069
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow couldn’t disagree more. The tubing def could have been made like Banes .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #1070
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Just picked up Freeze. My quick take, the Good, the Bad , & the Very Ugly.

The Good.

The portrait & overall design are really good, which led me to buy. The pose though "tired", works for this character & goes well with the sleek design of the costume.

Even the base, which has huge problems, I don't mind their stylized approach, but the finish is another matter.

The Bad.

Though I like the design of the costume, the colour/look of the cooling coils/tubing is so cheap looking that i was left stunned. A beautifully colour toned statue, with a subtle/cold vibe, has been rendered childish by the loud cheap looking color choice for the coils. Even if SS was trying to add some pop to the statue(?), the loud tubing colour wasn't needed, as the ice shards already served that purpose.

The metal costume design is good, but once again, the finish (or lack of), is so plain & cheap looking, that it brings the quality of the work way down. I mean, lucky are the folk who had a chain smoking factory painter cough all over their statues, & by "mistake" sealed, cause all it took was a simple "wash", to add badly needed depth.

Paint apps shouldn't be a sculptor's bane, but rather the "stain(s)" that bring the works to life. They are sorely lacking here.

The Very Ugly.

The base. Again, I like the design, but I can honestly say that this is the cheapest looking base that I have ever received. EVER! So shockingly cheap looking, I'm speechless. At this stage in the game, something like this should have died on the vine.

Bottom line? Hoping the arrival of Bane will help ease the pain, cause as it stands, I'm not too pleased with the Freeze. A pity, because the sculpt deserved way more.
I am on the fence with this piece. I am surprised by your comments with regards to the base. Sideshow have made far more basic cheaper looking bases in the past.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote