Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #1061
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Yep, 100 percent agree with all of this. This is an expensive hobby as well. Unboxing a new piece should be exciting and fun. Not stressful to the point you avoid unboxing for a week. (I have done that)

Manufacturers should be ready to handle the issue and respond quickly. SSC was excellent the one time I needed a replacement. BUT.....I shouldn't have to deal with QC issues frequently. AND I also shoudn't have to wait 6 months to get a replacment exclusive head for a statue.....TWEETERHEAD!
I've heard Tweeterhead is bad, but Prime 1 might be the worst. I reported my problem with the Prime 1 1/2 Wonder Woman on March 19. I got my replacement (4.5 months later) about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The replacement had problems throughout. Now it's been two weeks since Prime 1 was contacted and no response. I love Prime 1's pieces, but seriously considering if I should try to get my money back on all the preorders I currently have. Sideshow has been stuck in the middle of the whole thing. At this rate, I might get another shot at a good one in 2019. The sad part is, Prime 1 has replacements made as needed. This means the factory knew it was replacing a bad statue and didn't bother doing a proper QC. It was even missing the cover to the battery compartment.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #1062
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I've heard Tweeterhead is bad, but Prime 1 might be the worst. I reported my problem with the Prime 1 1/2 Wonder Woman on March 19. I got my replacement (4.5 months later) about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The replacement had problems throughout. Now it's been two weeks since Prime 1 was contacted and no response. I love Prime 1's pieces, but seriously considering if I should try to get my money back on all the preorders I currently have. Sideshow has been stuck in the middle of the whole thing. At this rate, I might get another shot at a good one in 2019. The sad part is, Prime 1 has replacements made as needed. This means the factory knew it was replacing a bad statue and didn't bother doing a proper QC. It was even missing the cover to the battery compartment.
Oh goodie, my first Prime 1 piece is arriving tomorrow. I hope it is in good shape and complete.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #1063
Gollum
The Herculoids

I'm managed to fix my Little Mermaid statue

Little Mermaid arrived on Friday and I was so nervous like many others about opening her up because of the main body not fitting with the base.

Mine was like many others the hands didn't match the arms and I couldn't display her because I was scared she was going to fall over because she wasn't being held properly by the magnets and the base.

I was going to contact SS but decided to try something first before contacting them.

This may sound crazy

I put the base and main body in my conservatory with the doors all closed for about 6 hours

I wrapped the body and base in a towel so the sun didn't damage the paint.

I returned home about 3pm I went into my conservatory and went to put her together like before and

I noticed instantly the statue was much more easily to move and was so much more flexible.

I gently pushed the arms together and she easily moved into the right position and I didn't feel like she was going to break like it felt like when I originally took her out of the box.

I'm so happy I'm buzzing at the moment because I really thought that I was going to have to get a replacement and miss out on this beautiful statue or even the whole line.

Heat is the answer it can be fixed
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #1064
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Finally got to see mine. She seemed to fit the base ok but was a bit odd the way one of her wrists attached. I could make the arms fit but then she seemed tilted a bit where her thighs fit. It was almost like one of her arms wasnt long enough? It wasnt too bad though leaving her wrist up a bit.

That aside, her hair in the front was all scratched up so I’m hoping I can get a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	535E2278-131D-426D-8B14-986AD77EAEB4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	116487  
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #1065
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nugchompa, you definitely shouldn't settle for less then perfect, make your request for a replacement. I know if that happened to me, I would not accept it.

I'm glad for you Gollum that the heat worked. Congrats.

Friendly Samurai, that awful, how the heck did that one even leave the warehouse?
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #1066
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Friendly Samurai, that awful, how the heck did that one even leave the warehouse?
Might have happened during shipping. Noticed also a bit ago, the pinhole in her right breast where her necklace attaches is partially visible. Has this been a problem for anybody? Hope I get a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9F79A201-EE49-48C5-AD56-BC6AAA8467CD.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	116498  
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:31 AM   #1067
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Finally got to see mine. She seemed to fit the base ok but was a bit odd the way one of her wrists attached. I could make the arms fit but then she seemed tilted a bit where her thighs fit. It was almost like one of her arms wasnt long enough? It wasnt too bad though leaving her wrist up a bit.

That aside, her hair in the front was all scratched up so I’m hoping I can get a replacement.
So yeah, that is quite agregious. Shame on SSC for sending that out.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #1068
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Here is the messed up part on mine. It is front-facing.

Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #1069
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

My balance (shipping only) was charged yesterday, so now just the waiting game for it to be shipped. I might leave mine out on the porch for a few hours since heat seems to be fixing people's issues.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #1070
Agent Jeffries
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Location: We live inside a dream, above an convenience store.
The Statue Gods were smiling down on me. #441 was perfect!

Name:	lm2A.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	661.0 KB
ID:	116508

Name:	lm1A.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	116509
Agent Jeffries is offline   Reply With Quote