Lex Luthor

Lean or no lean, that ass is fabulous.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #1062
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcls View Post
Man, this sucks, I just got back in town and noticed that my statue leans to the point of breaking. The statue was in my air-conditioned living room, no problems for a month now this.....

If your BW is close in number to mine (#45) you may have leaning issues.
Sorry that happened to yours.... I don't know how XM can tell whom has the "bad ones". If it were as simple as them knowing through their numbering system, I would have though they would have posted a list of the affected ones number....but they haven't done that...
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #1063
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Weirdest thing, for nearly two months no problems not any noticeable leaning. I keep this piece on a book case away from sunlight. I have ms. marvel and jean grey ordered from Simply Toys just like BW. So hopefully they can put a rod in the replacement.

I'm patient enough to wait but this was quite the shock.
Oh I bet. I sure as hell hope mine doesn't start leaning. So far so good and I have had her for about the same amount of time as you.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #1064
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Man what was with you yesterday. Some serious mastery of your second language there.
I tip my (imaginary) hat at you, good sir. I think that was the magic of ass enlightening me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Lean or no lean, that ass is fabulous.
This lady knows.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #1065
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Man, this sucks, I just got back in town and noticed that my statue leans to the point of breaking. The statue was in my air-conditioned living room, no problems for a month now this.....

If your BW is close in number to mine (#45) you may have leaning issues.
thats weird, the site says they are made from cold cast porcelain and that stuff is strong as hell. Only resin would do a lean like that far as i know, unless it was never cured correctly.

unless they are calling resin porcelain which i doubt cause with porcelain once its broken you cant repair that stuff like resin.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #1066
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Weirdest thing, for nearly two months no problems not any noticeable leaning. I keep this piece on a book case away from sunlight. I have ms. marvel and jean grey ordered from Simply Toys just like BW. So hopefully they can put a rod in the replacement.

I'm patient enough to wait but this was quite the shock.
Since you say there is a lean, can you please provide photos to back up your claim? I have never heard this happening with cold cast porcelain or an XM piece. Thanks NVM I see you posted pics.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #1067
ambasah
Red Skull

the first batch (50 or so) may have this problem.

It was a mistake from the factory and XM corrected it on the other 450.

If yours is leaning contact xm directly and they will do everything they can to resolve the matter.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #1068
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
thats weird, the site says they are made from cold cast porcelain and that stuff is strong as hell. Only resin would do a lean like that far as i know, unless it was never cured correctly.

unless they are calling resin porcelain which i doubt cause with porcelain once its broken you cant repair that stuff like resin.
As I'm no expert in materials but it looks like porcelain. Could you tell what it by looking at these pics? These are images of Jean's leg for the process they now use to insert rods. Taken straight off their FB page.

*sigh* even just looking at Jean's leg makes me love this statue. It's such a long wait but it's going to be sooooo worth it when XM nails her portait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jean Leg Cast.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	91026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jean Leg Profile.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	91027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jean Finished Leg.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	91028  
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #1069
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

XM has already stated that the reason it's leaning is because they used a soft resin which is normally used for small accessories instead of the cold cast porcelain on this small run.

Supposedly only in the first 50 or so. Knowing if someone has an issue with a number outside of that would be very interesting though.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:46 PM   #1070
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
XM has already stated that the reason it's leaning is because they used a soft resin which is normally used for small accessories instead of the cold cast porcelain on this small run.

Supposedly only in the first 50 or so. Knowing if someone has an issue with a number outside of that would be very interesting though.
Well just because those were casted first, doesn't mean they were painted first. I know plenty of people who have BW in the 1st 50 with no issue. The number means nothing. I have 38 I don't have issue.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote