Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #10771
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I'll never sell this statue, and I'm glad you landed one. Box is massive. Glad it fit in your car.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:54 PM   #10772
SONICobra
Batman

I have a lot of statues with big boxes - this is by far the most awkward to move and fit through doorways, in cars, etc.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:01 AM   #10773
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I'll never sell this statue, and I'm glad you landed one. Box is massive. Glad it fit in your car.
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sure this one will be with me for a long time to come. Just like yourself, I don't think I'll ever just willingly sell him away. #17 is with me for the long haul.

That was one of my worries when I got into the trip, but I drove my mid size crossover vehicle and it all worked, and easily. Enough room that I was able to fit the box with the framed Thanos portrait that was thrown in on the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I have a lot of statues with big boxes - this is by far the most awkward to move and fit through doorways, in cars, etc.
I've had a lot of statues myself over the years and other than those early customs statue boxes. This box is by far pretty darn big to say the least.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:50 AM   #10774
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Wow congratulations! So how did you manage this trip did you find through eBay or some collector group and they didn’t want to shoo so you had to drive to pick it up ? 15 hours for statue is just freaking insane…. In my 15 years of collecting I’ve never ever heard of one making a trip like that… props son!

One day I will own this! I ended up selling my XM Magneto on Throne but did it for good reason. All my money went to buy AMC Entertainment stock shares! Soon after the stock gets squeezed I’ll be Able to buy back my magneto on throne as well as thanos snd any other statue I’ve wanted with just a snap of my finger!

I know this isn’t the place and I’m not soliciting, but if any of you do stocks look up AMC there is still time before the squeeze happens. I’ve been holding since January when it was around $7 / share! Just want to give all you heeds up if anyone interested
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:17 AM   #10775
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Wow congratulations! So how did you manage this trip did you find through eBay or some collector group and they didn’t want to shoo so you had to drive to pick it up ? 15 hours for statue is just freaking insane…. In my 15 years of collecting I’ve never ever heard of one making a trip like that… props son!

One day I will own this! I ended up selling my XM Magneto on Throne but did it for good reason. All my money went to buy AMC Entertainment stock shares! Soon after the stock gets squeezed I’ll be Able to buy back my magneto on throne as well as thanos snd any other statue I’ve wanted with just a snap of my finger!

I know this isn’t the place and I’m not soliciting, but if any of you do stocks look up AMC there is still time before the squeeze happens. I’ve been holding since January when it was around $7 / share! Just want to give all you heeds up if anyone interested
Thanks SideShowJoe,

It was a seller/collector on eBay, basically saying that they loved the statue but it didn't fit within their collection anymore. Contacted the seller about a month in advance that I was totally interested in adding this piece into my collection. Made a fair informal offer for the piece and they agreed. When I made the offer, I also included the exact date that the road trip would take place. Since the road trip date was still about a month away. Seller just told me to contact them when the time got closer, also leaving the statue listed on eBay. Staying in contact with the seller, periodically, letting them know that I was very much still interested in the piece during that month leading up to the road trip day.

LOL,.. because who really believes that the buyer is really gonna make the 15 hour road trip. I know that I won't believe it right off the back, but I was very serious about it from day one.

The whole point of the road trip was to save on the $300 shipping and the taxes that I was going to have pay to acquire the piece. Plus, it was going to be a win for both parties. They could avoid the dreaded eBay fees, I, the taxes, shipping cost and shipping in general. Didn't trust anyone to get it to me in pristine condition but myself.

The seller was great! For me making the trip they also threw in the original Thanos on Throne art print framed #103/200 which was so darn cool!

In the end we both came out on top, and in the process I created a memory that is forever attached to this piece. To me that was getting back to the true roots of collecting. Before we had platforms like eBay that somewhat cut the actual chase out of collecting in general...
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:33 AM   #10776
Destroyous
Justice League

Randy Orton has one of these I guess. I don’t even have one lol. Just thought that was interesting though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE71DA8C-D5F8-41E3-B2C8-A01656774A8A.png
Views:	80
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	141262  
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #10777
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post

Holy smoked, SSJoe! It has been a while since you posted. Thought you might have left statue collecting. Welcome back
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:47 PM   #10778
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sure this one will be with me for a long time to come. Just like yourself, I don't think I'll ever just willingly sell him away. #17 is with me for the long haul.

That was one of my worries when I got into the trip, but I drove my mid size crossover vehicle and it all worked, and easily. Enough room that I was able to fit the box with the framed Thanos portrait that was thrown in on the deal.

I've had a lot of statues myself over the years and other than those early customs statue boxes. This box is by far pretty darn big to say the least.
Its funny I saw your post because I have an out of state trip planned all because im picking this up 7 hours away. Already measured and box will fit easy in my trunk. Very excited to add to the collection.
And I owned/sold the newest XM Thanos.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #10779
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
Its funny I saw your post because I have an out of state trip planned all because im picking this up 7 hours away. Already measured and box will fit easy in my trunk. Very excited to add to the collection.
And I owned/sold the newest XM Thanos.
You sold the XM Thanos! Why? Love both of them as they both have things to offer..

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:58 AM   #10780
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
You sold the XM Thanos! Why? Love both of them as they both have things to offer..
can't put my finger on it, awesome piece but just prefer the sideshow version
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote