Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #101
cosmic
Mephisto

They dont refund any shipping, neither the inital shipping costs I paid to get it, nor the shippings costs I will pay now for returning it.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #102
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

When I wasn't satisfied with my Queen of Vampires statue they told me their policy... They would refund the cost of the statue but not the shipping cost and not the cost to send it back. I wasn't happy about this, but there was nothing wrong with the statue, I just assumed things about it that were not true... Namely that it had a magnetic top.

They told me if it was a statue defect they would have paid the shipping to return it and fixed the issue for me. I've seen a few posts from people who had broken statue issues and they said ARH sent them shipping labels and they returned their items for repair at no cost to them.

I'm not sure why they are not doing this with your statue. It just hasn't been my experience with them.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #103
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Cause he is in europe and shipping will be big,If he was in the states I'm sure ARH will have paid the shipping like they did with Arhian.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #104
The13thWarlock

I don't think they have different terms of service for customers out of country.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #105
Outlaw44
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
They wont fix, offer was $50 refund or return it
That's rediculous, their own refund policy says that all damaged goods are eligible for a repair or they can send you out a new statue - whatever is cheaper for them. No where does it state that your options are limited to credit and it also offers the option of a return IF you don't want it repaired or replaced.

Clearly a breach of their own terms lol
Outlaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #106
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Cause he is in europe and shipping will be big,If he was in the states I'm sure ARH will have paid the shipping like they did with Arhian.
Then have him destroy it and offer a full refund.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #107
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If shipping to international customers is going to continue to be an option they really can't pay shipping both ways, repair it, send out new ones, etc. Shipping on this huge statue is probably around $400 intl each way. I get that is what there policy is and they probably need to revise it to state "US only" but if they did it for international it wouldn't take hardly any and they wouldn't be profitable at all.

I remember when Bowen quit shipping internationally.

Now, getting down to cases. Cosmic's statue has several breaks, not just one, and at the prices paid for statues these days you should be able to expect an undamaged product. But he didn't get one. So what now? If it were me, there are several breaks but they are all "clean" breaks meaning the paint appears to be intact right up to the break. You can superglue those back together and it is near impossible to even see where it was glued.

I can't imagine either party paying $800 to ship it back and forth to basically do the same thing. My Athena arrived with a couple of clean breaks on the owl stand/chariot hitch and I just opted to glue them and they look perfect to the naked eye.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:32 PM   #108
The13thWarlock

I don't think you should have to fix your own statue. If I got in one of my statues, for example, if my Arhian arrives with the notorious loincloth break, I want it fixed by ARH. I don't want to superglue it on and see the tiny line where the break was. I'd assume ARH would glue it with better stuff and then touch up the paint so you wouldn't know it's there.
And I shouldn't have to pay for shipping it back. Its not my fault that the item broke in transit, either as a result of the packing or rough handling in shipping or a combination. And as I understand it, ARH agrees with this and that is there policy.
I can see where shipping it back from an international buyer would be overly expensive. So it would seem to me to have the buyer send pics of the broken model and maybe pay to have a portion of the statue shipped back so that it couldn't be repaired back to a full statue. Then just ship out a new statue. I'm guessing that would be cheaper than paying for shipping back and forth.
And probably at the end of the day, ARH needs to decide if it's worth shipping to international buyers or if they should instead leave that to third party statue distributors.
If my mans statue is broke though, it should be fixed, and some if not all of that money should come from the shipper if it was insured. If he doesn't like how the base is painted though... He's probably going to have to eat that.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #109
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Nobody (including me) is arguing with that logic. The customer should get an undamaged statue and if he doesn't the company should refund it or give him a new one.

The problem is, with international, you only need a very small number to break and it becomes impossible to make money because of the shipping back and forth to repair, shipping new ones etc. So what I'm saying will and must happen is ARH (or whatever company) will eat the costs and lose money on a few but as a for profit business will not be able to continue to do that so will simply stop shipping internationally (as Bowen did).

Then you have a situation where international buyers have to find willing US buyers to ship to them as 3rd parties and then guess what? If it arrives broken it arrives broken.

One option I see that should be explored is either ARH offer insurance at a cost or compel international buyers to pay insurance in addition to their shipping costs so that if there is damage there is coverage for it. The main issue with that though is usually if the exterior packaging is undamaged shipping insurance won't pay off anyway.

So in my opinion it will come down to international buyers working with ARH (and vice versa, I think they should offer more than $50 for multiple breaks) or they will end up stopping sales to international buyers.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #110
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
he still had to pay the shipping cost to get it to him. Its still completely unfair. why should he be out a dime because of their mistake?

and thats complete bull---- if they expect him to fix the damage himself. what are we paying all this money for? to fix a bunch of broken statues? I dont think so..

They should invest in better packaging if broken statues is such an issue. XM has hardly any broken statues because packaging is so well done.

and super gluing is not a fix, its a band-aid.. nobody wants a $500+ statue thats super glued together, not to mention part of the helmet is two competently different colors, hows he gonna fix that himself?
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote