Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #101
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Lee - Your Hughes rants are going to have to end when I get you a Bat-Satellite Dish done by him.
lol Honestly it not about huges anymore its about all artists who have started acting like this he just happens to be the one in the cross hairs right now.

Like I said its the FANS that cause this.. but I agree with the point that if someone pays you 5-10 times what you normally get for a piece you should have stepped up and given them something extra for the extra money spent .. people can say the price was driven up by the fans etc but in the end the money goes in HIS pocket and if it was ME I would not feel comfortable with stickin extra money in my pocket and not giving something extra to the person who spent it...thats why I suggested that the extra money from these auctions be dontated to charity.

OH and BTW make sure the Bat-satellite dish is vertical on the page too or ya know I will rant LOL
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #102
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

and so began the Irish/Aussie war.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #103
Royd
Producer
Producer

Wow, I catch a 14 hour flight from LAX to Sydney and this topic grows to 10 pages - LOL!

True, I was a member from Perth defending AH! but then it's expected given that I've known Adam since 1993 and moderated his Yahoo group since its inception 10 years ago

While Wrothy is also from Perth, I suspect his comments are more related to his boredom with the same opinions being expressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Well you were the second member from Perth. defending AH.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #104
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Wow, I catch a 14 hour flight from LAX to Sydney and this topic grows to 10 pages - LOL!

True, I was a member from Perth defending AH! but then it's expected given that I've known Adam since 1993 and moderated his Yahoo group since its inception 10 years ago

While Wrothy is also from Perth, I suspect his comments are more related to his boredom with the same opinions being expressed.
glad ya made it home safe man

PS know that we all still love you even thou you are connected to Adam LMAO
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #105
Royd
Producer
Producer

No problem mate, I was just puzzled/curious by the quote

Just waiting for my flight to Perth - another 4 hours of flying after spending 14 hours in the air *groan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
no I wasn't likening Adam to a fool, Royd. I've met him(in his ghost days before things really hit off) and he's a lovely guy.

The Obi-wan quote just seemed to fit
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #106
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Adam and Allison have always been great to me and I'm not just saying that because I'm still trying for a Hulk commission from Adam.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #107
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
lol Honestly it not about huges anymore its about all artists who have started acting like this he just happens to be the one in the cross hairs right now.

Like I said its the FANS that cause this.. but I agree with the point that if someone pays you 5-10 times what you normally get for a piece you should have stepped up and given them something extra for the extra money spent .. people can say the price was driven up by the fans etc but in the end the money goes in HIS pocket and if it was ME I would not feel comfortable with stickin extra money in my pocket and not giving something extra to the person who spent it...thats why I suggested that the extra money from these auctions be dontated to charity.

OH and BTW make sure the Bat-satellite dish is vertical on the page too or ya know I will rant LOL

Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #108
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
the other auction piece....

the guy won both auctions and it looks like he took 1 of each style...personally I think they both should be this caliber for over 3k$
That was last year when he did 4 pieces and they all went for under $1500.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #109
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
lol

Yeah I saw that. I don't understand his logic. Adam didn't owe any more than what was offered in the auction. To expect more because you paid a high price is nuts. You shouldn't bid more that what you are willing to pay for the item offered. Its really that simple.

You shouldn't expect more, but 50% of his $400 auctions are WAY better, have far more detailed and took a longer amount of time.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #110
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
There is no arguing that the winner got exactly what was promised in the auction and there is no way to jump on AH for that. For my standpoint, I don't think I could take the $3000 and do the same level of work that they guy paying $3-400 would get. But that's just me, I would feel guilty about it. I would have to put some extra stuff in. I think that is maybe what Bulls is trying to say.
Precisely.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote