Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #101
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
This Superman? Weirdest pose ever. Why would he bend his left wrist towards his body? The quality and sculpt are so poor.

That entire line is a dispointment. The only one that looks okay is Green Lantern & Harley Quinn. They really need to drop the 1:4 license and give it to someone else who can make these characters shine.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #102
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Farmer View Post
Sooner or later, DC is going to have to announce something. Sooner or later. What does bother me is how the sculptor bears the brunt of poorly directed product. Over the years, DCD has had some of the best sculptors on the planet working for them. How is it that these superbly talented people end up producing mediocre work? My days with DCD are over. Maybe, as the DC license is made available to other companies, I might get the chance to work on DC characters again. But that's about the only way. If not, I'm good with where I left off.
Wow. I sure hope DCD does something sooner then later. I could also see Jack Matthews leaving too. I don't know if his last sculpted Covergirls Supergirl was in reflection of art direction but it was a big letdown. Its interpretation looks nothing like Adam Hughes.

I am curious what u will be doing next? Any companys in mind for u?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #103
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That entire line is a dispointment. The only one that looks okay is Green Lantern & Harley Quinn. They really need to drop the 1:4 license and give it to someone else who can make these characters shine.
I totally agree with this statement.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #104
Art Farmer
Sculptor
Sculptor

I really don't have any plans. Slowing down is okay for me. Pursing my own work more and seeing if I can collaborate with a few other sculptors. But, just generally seeing how things shake out.

http://www.timbruckner.com
Art Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #105
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Sooner or later, DC is going to have to announce something. Sooner or later. What does bother me is how the sculptor bears the brunt of poorly directed product. Over the years, DCD has had some of the best sculptors on the planet working for them. How is it that these superbly talented people end up producing mediocre work? My days with DCD are over. Maybe, as the DC license is made available to other companies, I might get the chance to work on DC characters again. But that's about the only way. If not, I'm good with where I left off.
This is really sad... I totally agree that Karen Palinko is a very talented sculptor. I remember that she sculpted very nice Alex Ross Superman statue, IMO one of the best Superman statues ever. THEN DC Direct made Karen to sculpt a very awkward Superman Christopher Reeves statue with a weird pose and lips! There is no way Karen's sculpting skills drop so differently between 2 Superman sculpts. The only explanation is the Art Directors' decisions....

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #106
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I dream daily about the announcement of your Dc Dynamics Flash! Say it isn't so (or that the Flash was the last piece you submitted)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #107
Batcompu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This Catwoman statue isn't a great one imho.

for a museum quality the Base is realy lame.
What does Catwoman have to do with a Batman Logo on the base.

And the base doesn't realy fit her feet and thats why her pose looks realy ackward.

and then the finger look weird.

The face is not great but something I could live with.
Batcompu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #108
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I think plenty of us are fine with most of the line. The only disappointments for me are Superman and Catwoman. The Joker is as good as anything Sideshow has put out. Harley looks good. I don't love GL, but it doesn't look BAD. Batman is much better than the naysayers let on, although I can see why many would be disappointed in it.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #109
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
My days with DCD are over.
Well, as long as you're good with that, my wallet is thrilled. I take it that means the 3 officially announced Ultimate Showdown pieces will represent the full line? Or do you think the teased WW vs Cheetah will still make it out?
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #110
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I really don't have any plans. Slowing down is okay for me. Pursing my own work more and seeing if I can collaborate with a few other sculptors. But, just generally seeing how things shake out.
Maybe a chance to do a piece or two for Bowen?