Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 AM   #101
Bottled_Water
Birdman

What is the deal with this show being so tame? Boba Fett went from "He's no good to me dead" to "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to offend you when I said 'keep an eye out'... it's an expression".

The guys has tolerated the mayor's clear condescension, did not care for his tribute being taken by Jawas, decided to hire some sympathetic kids, and let his would be assassin leave with no hard feelings. It's... Bizarre. Obviously he's changed but there has been nothing that I've seen to give reason for this drastic a change.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:37 AM   #102
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
What is the deal with this show being so tame? Boba Fett went from "He's no good to me dead" to "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to offend you when I said 'keep an eye out'... it's an expression".

The guys has tolerated the mayor's clear condescension, did not care for his tribute being taken by Jawas, decided to hire some sympathetic kids, and let his would be assassin leave with no hard feelings. It's... Bizarre. Obviously he's changed but there has been nothing that I've seen to give reason for this drastic a change.
He learned to dispense with his toxic masculinity. He is now Boba Femme.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:40 AM   #103
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I haven't renewed Disney+ to watch this yet, but what I'm reading is disappointing.

Does every episode end with a "The More You Know" segment? lol

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:10 AM   #104
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
So far, this is my least favorite new series since Disney+ started. As someone said this is not the Fett we kno2 and I hope with the remaining episodes he becomes the badass Hunter we saw in the movies
Badass hunter we saw in the movies? Dude followed some people and let Vader put his bounty into a ice cube then Comically got launched into a skiff and nearly died in oversized alien earth worm.

The only thing Badass about Boba from the movies was his look.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:17 AM   #105
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Badass hunter we saw in the movies? Dude followed some people and let Vader put his bounty into a ice cube then Comically got launched into a skiff and nearly died in oversized alien earth worm.

The only thing Badass about Boba from the movies was his look.
Josh does have a point. That said, the character had a very impressionable presence on kids and the expanded universe certainly embellished Fett over the years. Fett was my guy.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:28 AM   #106
Mister H
Ultimates

What’s weird is this is Favreau’s show.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:29 AM   #107
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Josh does have a point. That said, the character had a very impressionable presence on kids and the expanded universe certainly embellished Fett over the years. Fett was my guy.
I'm honestly loving the show, it's showing a much more measured person who's a little more complex than just some 80's blow'em up character. I know that might rub people the wrong way, but when you take over a place, shooting everyone isn't always the best way to do things.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:54 AM   #108
built2shred
Phoenix

For me it's a mixed bag, there is some cool stuff in the show but when they do stupid things like the scooter chase it just gets really cheesy, those scooters feel WAY OUT OF PLACE on Tatooine, so does the attire of those kids. They stick out like a sore thumb. And if you don't have the money to do a proper speeder chase then don't do one, doing a cheesy looking chase just ruins the show.

I know Favreau's name is attached to this show, but this feels more like something Kathleen Kennedy would make. With Mandolorian you can tell Favreau was pushing the limits of what Disney would allow as far as violence and stuff goes, with The Book of Boba Fett it just feels a bit neutered which makes me think Kennedy is a lot more involved in this then she was with Mandalorian. I imagine most of Favreau's time is tied up on season 3 of the Mandolorian.

It's too bad Disney wants this to be a Family friendly PG show when it really should be a dark and gritty show. You can see at times where it wants to be dark and gritty but then the reigns get pulled back in.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:00 AM   #109
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post

You can blame wokeness and PC for the niceness, it's not appropriate to be mean anymore...

What did you expect with Kathleen Kennedy running things?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:08 AM   #110
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I know Favreau's name is attached to this show, but this feels more like something Kathleen Kennedy would make. With Mandolorian you can tell Favreau was pushing the limits of what Disney would allow as far as violence and stuff goes, with The Book of Boba Fett it just feels a bit neutered which makes me think Kennedy is a lot more involved in this then she was with Mandalorian. I imagine most of Favreau's time is tied up on season 3 of the Mandolorian.
Probably right.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote