Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 07-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #101
boobhound
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter
Was hoping for a better Power Girl sculpt
And this is my point!

I gotta jump in on this. Do I love mini busts? Yes, yes I do. Do I love women and cheap T&A? Well hell yeah!! Do I like Adam Hughes artwork? Yes I do.

Do I love the DC Direct busts and women of the DCU busts? NOT AT ALL! They look cheap, unimaginitative(sic?) and like crap! Imo.

The paints/colors are subdued. The sculpt is just so so. And the actual pose's are lame!

Why did I work so hard to buy back from Vision to the beginning with Bowen? I'll tell you why. Cause of sharp paints, sculpts, colors, poses, and characters. I may not love every character that BD puts out, but sooner rather than later out comes a hero or villian that I want.

I held my breath for Power Girl. And it looks like crap to me. Will I buy it? Hell No! You couldn't even give it to me! My girlfriend was hoping for the Poison Ivy. And even she said it looks like crap. Will she buy it? Nope.
DC Direct puts out great action figures and ever once in a great while a great sculpture (i.e. Paul Kirk Manhunter, Batman, Superman/ both Jim Lee design). But nothing consistent! I want my busts/sculptures regularly ''knockin it out of th ballpark!''
And to me Bowen does this! On time every time!

Now this isn't a ''Bowenoser'' post, just comparing companies and ideals.
And before someone says it, I know ''apples to oranges''.
But think an look at what I am saying.
<!-- / message -->
boobhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #102
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Just out of curiosity...

Can someone post a picture of all of the Women of DC busts released so far together in one display so that I can see how they all look together?

Thanks.
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #103
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT
Just out of curiosity...

Can someone post a picture of all of the Women of DC busts released so far together in one display so that I can see how they all look together?

Thanks.

kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:41 PM   #104
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Zatanna Women of DC Bust

tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #105
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuv1305
I was ALMOST tempted to pick up this one, since this is the Zatanna I wanted in my collection (ditto the Hawkgirl)......but, ultimately, the just don't go with the last round of JLA busts (and I really, REALLY don't want two Zatanna busts!!!)
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #106
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobhound
And this is my point!

I gotta jump in on this. Do I love mini busts? Yes, yes I do. Do I love women and cheap T&A? Well hell yeah!! Do I like Adam Hughes artwork? Yes I do.

Do I love the DC Direct busts and women of the DCU busts? NOT AT ALL! They look cheap, unimaginitative(sic?) and like crap! Imo.

The paints/colors are subdued. The sculpt is just so so. And the actual pose's are lame!

Why did I work so hard to buy back from Vision to the beginning with Bowen? I'll tell you why. Cause of sharp paints, sculpts, colors, poses, and characters. I may not love every character that BD puts out, but sooner rather than later out comes a hero or villian that I want.

I held my breath for Power Girl. And it looks like crap to me. Will I buy it? Hell No! You couldn't even give it to me! My girlfriend was hoping for the Poison Ivy. And even she said it looks like crap. Will she buy it? Nope.
DC Direct puts out great action figures and ever once in a great while a great sculpture (i.e. Paul Kirk Manhunter, Batman, Superman/ both Jim Lee design). But nothing consistent! I want my busts/sculptures regularly ''knockin it out of th ballpark!''
And to me Bowen does this! On time every time!

Now this isn't a ''Bowenoser'' post, just comparing companies and ideals.
And before someone says it, I know ''apples to oranges''.
But think an look at what I am saying.
<!-- / message -->
You Bowenoser!
You got some credit, like the Power Girl part and the quality consistency part, but I have to argue for the skin tone of this line, the paint they use is actually pretty good, nonreflective, very elegant.
And about the Power Girl, When the pics were revealed, all I said was "Who ever use this design should be fXXXXX by thousand men"
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 PM   #107
bat_collector
Galactus

boobhound, I'm sorry, but many bowen busts are just plain aweful, generic, and uninspring
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #108
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
boobhound, I'm sorry, but many bowen busts are just plain aweful, generic, and uninspring
I feel the same way about the DCD busts. I'd say Bowen Designs consistently puts out better quality busts than DCD. I can't think of a DCD bust I've seen that I like. The same is not true of BD, and I am not a bust collector. In fact I have only about 10 busts and most of them are not Bowen.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #109
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
I feel the same way about the DCD busts. I'd say Bowen Designs consistently puts out better quality busts than DCD. I can't think of a DCD bust I've seen that I like. The same is not true of BD, and I am not a bust collector. In fact I have only about 10 busts and most of them are not Bowen.
Well, I guess we'll never see eye to eye then.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #110
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Maybe, but could you list the DCD busts you particularly like? Maybe I'm not considering those. Also, are there no BD busts you like?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote