Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #101
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

That's like saying the only reason why people hate Charles Manson is because he's white.

We are truly near the end of days.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #102
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-273678

white, black, purple, pink, doesn't matter what race he is, he still handled the situation in a dickish way. Don't use race as an excuse for how you handled it.
Agreed, I don't think anyone cared what race he was.
People were pissed because he handled it like an 8yr old instead of a Man.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #103
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Kobe should be thanking this guy....
Now he's the biggest A-Hole in the NBA....

What blows my mind is that Jalen Rose on ESPN actually agreed with him.

I think most people just feel that he took a shortcut towards a championship. Like he threw his hands in the air & said screw it let me play with these guys so I can win. In the process he basically diminishes his status by joining someone else's team. Just look @ the little presentation the HEAT made with all 3 players; who was in the middle? Wayde, with his supporting cast around him.

Then to top it off the whole ESPN special was over the top. He should have had a regular press conference making his announcement & be done with it.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #104
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
Kobe should be thanking this guy....
Now he's the biggest A-Hole in the NBA....

What blows my mind is that Jalen Rose on ESPN actually agreed with him.

I think most people just feel that he took a shortcut towards a championship. Like he threw his hands in the air & said screw it let me play with these guys so I can win. In the process he basically diminishes his status by joining someone else's team. Just look @ the little presentation the HEAT made with all 3 players; who was in the middle? Wayde, with his supporting cast around him.

Then to top it off the whole ESPN special was over the top. He should have had a regular press conference making his announcement & be done with it.
I heard Jalen Rose and thought he sounded like an idiot. He said someting like, they called him an egomaniac which clearly showed it was about race. Huh?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #105
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-279721

What should you do? How about man up and admit you screwed up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #106
rychehitman
Galactus

I think it's so funny how the topic of income tax doesnt get focused on more in the LJ discussions. he was paying taxes out the nose here in Ohio, and now is only going to pay a fraction of that living in Florida.

Honesty is the best policy. He is young and got caught up in the machine. Bottom line...the Cav's management sucks...always has, always will. Why would anyone WANT to play there? Next bottom line is money. He might have taken a pay cut on paper...but he just might take home more in Florida...as crazy as that sounds. The real money is in endorsements anyway. The more championships you get the sweeter those endorsements are. Miami will get him a ring. Clevelend never would.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #107
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I fully realize at this point I am just but I found this funny: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-282886
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #108
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
I think it's so funny how the topic of income tax doesnt get focused on more in the LJ discussions. he was paying taxes out the nose here in Ohio, and now is only going to pay a fraction of that living in Florida.

Honesty is the best policy. He is young and got caught up in the machine. Bottom line...the Cav's management sucks...always has, always will. Why would anyone WANT to play there? Next bottom line is money. He might have taken a pay cut on paper...but he just might take home more in Florida...as crazy as that sounds. The real money is in endorsements anyway. The more championships you get the sweeter those endorsements are. Miami will get him a ring. Clevelend never would.
Machine? what machine? the machine is handlers created.

I think fans in general get that it's about money & his own personal goals but in the end it just looks selfish & the public will respond to that. My issue is don't make yourself look like a victim & don't make race an excuse for negative backlash.

I hope one day we will see an athlete be honest & say "yea i did it for the money"; he'd get my respect.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote