Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #101
TheDarkRaven
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkvsAll View Post
again why are you comparing the comiquette to a 1/6 scale venom? you make no sense.

As I stated before venom standing would still be smaller height wise then ms. marvel, who is 5'11 Go figure

compare it to a sideshow 1/4 piece. wow again you prove nothing.

put the 1/4 abomination next to it!!! They are both crouching
Why don't you put something next to it to prove it is not 1/4

Venom is true 1/4 if you think otherwise disprove it with some comparison pics. You're the one with the assumption, sideshow already said he was 1/4 scale. All I hear is he's so short, well go crouch and see how tall you are. "How do you know how tall he would be standing did you you even bother to measure? Did you provide any calculations? If you did nothing I'm not convinced at all that he is not 1/4 scale. And by the way, Abom is not crouching he's merely leaning over, crouching means your legs are almost fully flexed.
TheDarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #102
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Completely agree with you and i love olivetti's spider crew. they are very nice pieces overall but should be in their own area. Not next to the pf's.

A true 1/4 scale venom would be crazy awesome and i hope one is made in the future.
I like mine where they are at, and BC is a pf too and fits nicely I believe...some fit better than others.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #103
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
The Spidey Com seems to be true 1/4 scale(he is only 5'10" in the comics),I agree the Venom is a little small though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkRaven View Post

Venom is true 1/4 if you think otherwise disprove it with some comparison pics. You're the one with the assumption, sideshow already said he was 1/4 scale. All I hear is he's so short, well go crouch and see how tall you are. "How do you know how tall he would be standing did you you even bother to measure? Did you provide any calculations? If you did nothing I'm not convinced at all that he is not 1/4 scale. And by the way, Abom is not crouching he's merely leaning over, crouching means your legs are fully flexed.
I don't know I measured mine a few times and probably not 100% accurate but he is coming in at over 20+ inches maybe he just doesn't have enough "mass" which can make him look smaller (but would also possibly make it look worse?), but I think he is a true 1/4 scale.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #104
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
...Hulkbuster 1:6...
I think only the HB's head is 1/6.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #105
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

Venom is true 1/4 if you think otherwise disprove it with some comparison pics. You're the one with the assumption, sideshow already said he was 1/4 scale. All I hear is he's so short, well go crouch and see how tall you are. "How do you know how tall he would be standing did you you even bother to measure? Did you provide any calculations? If you did nothing I'm not convinced at all that he is not 1/4 scale. And by the way, Abom is not crouching he's merely leaning over, crouching means your legs are almost fully flexed.
are you kidding me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gl9063ZZTc

he is not even at ironmans a$$ with a much bigger base. your delusional

the guy even said it measures up to ironman comiquette. venom should be much taller then ironman!
HulkvsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #106
TheDarkRaven

Quote:
are you kidding me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gl9063ZZTc

he is not even at ironmans a$$ with a much bigger base. your delusional
Spazzy just told you he's over 20 inches and that is true 1/4 scale. That is over 6' 7".

Without any figures from you I'm going to go with his numbers.

By the way crouching height means nothing. I think that is not getting through to you. Tell you what, you go crouch next to your friend and you can kiss his butt. And lastly in that video ironman is half a foot away with the camera angle upwards. Does that mean you are taller than a tree in the background in photos too? sigh.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #107
Barbarian
Jedi Order

With all due frankness, anyone thinking the Venom comiquette is not 1/4 is wrong. Plain and simple.

The BD sewer Venom is not without its charm, but holds not a candle to the SS comiquette. I owned it for years but sold it a couple years ago. I don't see ever selling the comiquette. It's among the best pieces ever created.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #108
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Spazzy just told you he's over 20 inches and that is true 1/4 scale.

Without any figures from you I'm going to go with his numbers.
well i say it measures at 17 and 1/4 inches and i just measured it and i included the inch base where his right leg is.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #109
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
With all due frankness, anyone thinking the Venom comiquette is not 1/4 is wrong. Plain and simple.

The BD sewer Venom is not without its charm, but holds not a candle to the SS comiquette. I owned it for years but sold it a couple years ago. I don't see ever selling the comiquette. It's among the best pieces ever created.
never said it wasn't the nicest so far, just not 1/4th scale sorry.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #110
TheDarkRaven

Quote:
well i say it measures at 17 and 1/4 inches and i just measured it and i included the inch base where his right leg is.
No it doesn't I have him right here, he is 21 inches tall when he stands up. Do you even know how to measure him?

So Spazzy and me both get 20+ inches and you get 17.25? That's 2 against 1. You're wrong.