Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #101
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The guy is defiantly talented... I love this wolverine sculpt...
No question. I love it too.

Hope we get to see at least the concept for the brown Wolverine before this goes up for order and sells out. I'd definitely prefer the brown version in 1:4 scale but this is going to be hard to beat. I only want one Wolverine but I also want to make an informed decision when picking between the two.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #102
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
I was thinking along the same lines. Looks like we will have a Yellow and Brown XM Wolverine Viper.

I may be wrong but the third head makes me think Sosa is doing quite a bit of collorating with XM.
Indeed, wolf-brother. It looks like Sosa had a hand in this third head. I say job well done, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Hope we get to see at least the concept for the brown Wolverine before this goes up for order and sells out. I'd definitely prefer the brown version in 1:4 scale but this is going to be hard to beat. I only want one Wolverine but I also want to make an informed decision when picking between the two.
Agreed Hellboy. An informed decision would be preferable since I am only getting one Wolverine piece. I prefer the brown costume a bit more than this one but if nothing is announced on the brown version by the time this one goes up for PO, I'll be getting this one.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #103
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Agreed Hellboy. An informed decision would be preferable since I am only getting one Wolverine piece. I prefer the brown costume a bit more than this one but if nothing is announced on the brown version by the time this one goes up for PO, I'll be getting this one.
Yeah I'll likely do the same.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #104
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:

If I had the funds I would get both. This looks like a home run and will only increase in value before brown comes out. Who knows this one may end up paying for the brown. Or even better, you end up loving both and keeping them
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #105
Sithlord32
New Republic

Yellow is a no go the brown is a must for me. I wish we could have a sneak of it as I really like Sosas/Kotobukiya brown Wolverine that is coming but want only one representation of the character. If their brown stands up with the rest of what they are putting out I might skip the Koto and hold out for the XM version.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #106
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
If I had the funds I would get both. This looks like a home run and will only increase in value before brown comes out. Who knows this one may end up paying for the brown. Or even better, you end up loving both and keeping them
Costume color aside, there is no doubt this is a fantastic Wolverine piece and has the potential to be one of the best 1:4 scale Wolverine statues to date. I really like that XM is thinking outside the box in their art direction on their pieces in general. They could have easily done the standard uninspired one leg up or museum pose that Sideshow seems to be in love with. Bravo to XM for actually putting thought into originality for their Marvel line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #107
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Costume color aside, there is no doubt this is a fantastic Wolverine piece and has the potential to be one of the best 1:4 scale Wolverine statues to date. I really like that XM is thinking outside the box in their art direction on their pieces in general. They could have easily done the standard uninspired one leg up or museum pose that Sideshow seems to be in love with. Bravo to XM for actually putting thought into originality for their Marvel line.
Totally agree. The fact that this looks so good and so original (especially in this scale) is what makes me doubt it can be topped. I know XM has stated they don't do variations but I like what they've done here so much that I'd love for this piece to come with 2 options, one yellow/blue and one brown.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Haha!! Nice of you to say that Mark.

However, the thanks goes to XM for having the foresight to utilize the comments of the collecting community positively as a avenue to improve their product. What XM does is much appreciated by us and is a great recipe for continued success.
Don't try telling that to the folks in the SS thread. And you wonder why there are so many complaints about SS products in those threads.

I'm clueless about that.....
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #109
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:

That's an intelligent and uniformed decision....I just wish I had your same umption.

I'm just a weak-willed lump of putty for XM products. SO...when is that XM DC license announcement going to officially be made official on your website? Seeing how PCS has the DC license now.....I assume you guys are not far behind.

Sheesh....why don't I just give you peeps at XM my gosh damn check.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #110
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's an intelligent and uniformed decision....I just wish I had your same umption.

I'm just a weak-willed lump of putty for XM products. SO...when is that XM DC license announcement going to officially be made official on your website? Seeing how PCS has the DC license now.....I assume you guys are not far behind.

Sheesh....why don't I just give you peeps at XM my gosh damn check.
If XM gets a DC license I'm in BIG trouble.

I love Marvel but my interest in 1:4 scale statues lies predominantly in a handful of X-Men characters, especially at these prices. DC on the other hand would kill me based on my love of Batman, his rogues and the Justice League.