Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Choose which Doctor Strange Entry you like most!
Entry #2 2 2.53%
Entry #4 0 0%
Entry #7 4 5.06%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #13 3 3.80%
Entry #14 1 1.27%
Entry #15 14 17.72%
Entry #16 3 3.80%
Entry #18 9 11.39%
Entry #19 27 34.18%
Entry #20 6 7.59%
Entry #21 2 2.53%
Entry #22 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #101
ambasah
Red Skull

I would never display him with the mask...for the life of me I cannot think of anyone that would.

I would rather they give us an alternate expression with him for in a "trance". Also still bugged by the leg position and the logo on the back of the cape.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #102
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I would never display him with the mask...for the life of me I cannot think of anyone that would.

I would rather they give us an alternate expression with him for in a "trance". Also still bugged by the leg position and the logo on the back of the cape.
They have and most like will tweak it a bit still before going to printing and painting.

Have faith
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #103
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The alternate head should have him in a trance state with his eyes blank and the Eye of Agamotto in the center of his forehead. I'm not a fan of the mask. The pants should be his traditional light blue tights and the eye removed from his cape. I know this is a WIP but those are things XM should look into.
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #104
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I love how it seems XM can take these statues to the next level.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #105
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I love intricate filigree on clothes. This is why I am such a huge fan of Modern Mortal Kombat designs instead of the trash bag Klassic look.

So Dr. Strange having the Eye on his cape looks pretty swell to me. It will never be seen anyways because of how I will have him displayed.

APE does it again. Knocking all characters he does out the park. Can't wait to see this painted up.

In terms of what I would like to see different....

1) The effects are too big and take away from the hand gestures of Dr. Strange. Its Dr. Strange's finger and hand movements that show he is casting a spell....so to take that away or have something overpower his hand gestures is too much. I like the idea of EFX...I just think it needs to be smaller or different looking....at least one of them. Both don't have to be the same thing.

2) I'd like a different (alternate) head rather than the mask. It's not that the mask head is bad...it's not...it's just I would like to see more of a meditative head like someone else suggested.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me what they do....they can keep it as is or change some things. IT is still getting bought either way.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #106
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
To further what you said Peedi...

Dr. Strange will always be a Defender....since he is a founding member after all.

I would love to see a Defenders team of Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer (would prefer him with other cosmic characters though), Dr. Strange, Gargoyle, and Valkyrie on her horse.

Now that is a team up.

Question XM studios team and Brian? Why has no Valkyrie been done yet? In 1/4 that is.
YES!

I listed Silver Surfer on my Most wanted list in that thread, but CHROMED. I think XM could pull it off. I wanted the SS Com cuz I really like the character but a chrome SS would be so much better.

I mentioned Valkyrie a while back in a SS thread as a suggestion to try a character that isn't well known but could make an incredible statue if treated well. I'm not into the character much, most I've read of her was in Secret Avengers and she was cool there, but she could make an awesome statue.

Leave it to me or risingstar for the comics knowledge. I knew people would be confused about the mask and you beat me to posting it. Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
He's not bald there. He's wearing a mask. There was time, albeit briefly, when Dr. Strange wore a mask during the silver age of Marvel, i.e., issues 177-183. This was done to raise the book's slumping sales. There were a couple other later appearances when he briefly wore the mask (i.e., The Order mini-series published in 2002, and Hulk #10 published in 2009, but that appearance had a time travel component).

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #107
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"Hi guys 1/4 acale Dr strange printed.....thanks to the crews in ownage for the
awesome printing service.....ENJOY...." XM FB

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #108
qz33
Baron Zemo

Looks better than I thought it would.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #109
Vru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't like the base... the rest is perfect!

Vru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #110
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Another winner from XM. Was wondering what happened to the great Dr. STrange. My wondering has just been answered.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote