Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #101
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This is going to be a huge piece so for those who are interested in placing an order be ready for $600 just like Darkseid.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #102
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

As I've said before...SS can't win with this crowd. They go and start doing some other poses like for instance the dynamic Thor..or the latest Daredevil partially running and people all over the place are saying the pose is weird. Great....well let's just freakin buy Captain Morgan statues and complain about them for eternity.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #103
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Maybe the pose will be tweaked or redone if there is enough feedback (Sentinel definitely benefited from critiques). I may get this nevertheless, but will await more photos or SDCC reviews.
We never changed the Sentinel Maquette pose from online feedback.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #104
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We never changed the Sentinel Maquette pose from online feedback.
Shows you how much I was paying attention to Sentinel . So you guys changed pose of Sentinel IGO? I know when I first saw it he looked like he was dancing, just looked very awkward and that's main reason we didn't order as I feel the sentinel will go well with the Galactus!!! So if not for the online feedback why did you guys change it then, just curious ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
As I've said before...SS can't win with this crowd. They go and start doing some other poses like for instance the dynamic Thor..or the latest Daredevil partially running and people all over the place are saying the pose is weird. Great....well let's just freakin buy Captain Morgan statues and complain about them for eternity.
Basically right on.... Don't think there will ever be a statue that all agree on liking the pose no matter if it's static or dynamic! I agree with many that it's getting as predictable as the sun rising and setting but honestly there is not a whole lot of options unless it's a dynamic ... You either have left or right leg up and or both feet at same level on ground. But I feel that if both feet were at same level on ground there would be some that say this is boring basic museum pose.

And yes Viper your exactly right as this will be $600+ without a doubt, that's a given! And at that price I don't feel many will be jumping thru sideshows hoop to order as I feel most will wait for in hand pictures before ordering.. I know with these prices that's what I would do. I don't think I would really pre order any future statue with high prices and high edition sizes becoming the norm, and I feel the new norm of ordering for most collectors will be many waiting for in hand pictures unless it's your favorite character or line and it has small ES of 500-1,000!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #105
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

this pose worked for Sinestro...doesn't work for Lex

easy pass
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #106
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This one might get a low es for the ex if people wait or pass on him. I can see it now. With space and price hikes it's possible for this one. I'm sure ex will be so-so and not a must have. If it's a ex or fail then he will do better for sure.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #107
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
So you guys changed pose of Sentinel IGO? I know when I first saw it he looked like he was dancing, just looked very awkward and that's main reason we didn't order as I feel the sentinel will go well with the Galactus!!! So if not for the online feedback why did you guys change it then, just curious ???
Never changed it, might have just been reactions to the preview or the way the proto was photographed.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #108
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This one might get a low es for the ex if people wait or pass on him. I can see it now. With space and price hikes it's possible for this one. I'm sure ex will be so-so and not a must have. If it's a ex or fail then he will do better for sure.
yea, I could see it having a low es like darkseid ex.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #109
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Never changed it, might have just been reactions to the preview or the way the proto was photographed.
Oh ok thanks ! Didn't think it looked different than what it did earlier so I had to ask, I was little confused after few members said it was changed...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #110
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You guys are crazy, this looks absolutely incredible.

Friggin statue collectors are so fickle.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote