Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #101
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i skipped SS spidey PF and ordered Symbiote, really trying to cut down on the collection as I have not yet started displaying anything and have 2 rooms full of boxes spilling over into my living room, thank god for an extra apartment though... one thing keeping me away from ordering this,, is no way will it reach me in one piece,, i just got my first XM statue Ms marvel for 700$ shipped and it arrived with base damaged,, asked ST and XM ,,, so far the reply i got is ,they are asking me to supergulue it back myself,,, so no more XM statues for me ,, Im done with them,, for all of SS faults at least they end up cheaper and have no hassles in replacements if they do have them,, in last 6 years i might have had 3 damages not replaced,, but even that, the replacements came damaged as well,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #102
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I like it but the base takes too much place compared to Spidey, it's like Spidey is lost in all of his.
I will stay with my SS spidey recently received.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
i skipped SS spidey PF and ordered Symbiote, really trying to cut down on the collection as I have not yet started displaying anything and have 2 rooms full of boxes spilling over into my living room, thank god for an extra apartment though... one thing keeping me away from ordering this,, is no way will it reach me in one piece,, i just got my first XM statue Ms marvel for 700$ shipped and it arrived with base damaged,, asked ST and XM ,,, so far the reply i got is ,they are asking me to supergulue it back myself,,, so no more XM statues for me ,, Im done with them,, for all of SS faults at least they end up cheaper and have no hassles in replacements if they do have them,, in last 6 years i might have had 3 damages not replaced,, but even that, the replacements came damaged as well,,
Not calling you a liar...but that doesn't sound like XM's MO. Why have you not contacted Bryan about it? I'm pretty certain he would take care of you if you reach out to him. Why have you not posted this in the XM thread?? Call me curious and concerned.

Anyways, don't want to derail this thread. I personally like the IS Spidey...and I appreciate the dynamic pose. I would like to see more Spidey and less base in this particular case. Unless there is a Doc Ock and / or Green Goblin that goes with this....its a little too much for a statue of a particular character....UNLESS this is meant to be a diorama.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #104
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i bought it with a third party shipping, so both XM and ST are not obliged to do anything, contacted XM on Fb ,, initial reply was they couldnt replace it and try to fix it with superglue,,, they have asked for more pictures as well, but anyways im done with XM , too expensive specially shipping, and since a third party is involved , damages will be a big headache for me, right now , since its the base ,i think ill just move on if they decide not to replace it,,,might have to cancel my 2 POs though which i did before ST was hit with the shipping restrictions as well,

just to be clear, im not bashing XM here, but going thru third party shipping , very high shipping rates(at least 300$ with customs) and the possibe headaches dealing with damages, just not for me,, same reason i might not be ordering this as well,,, even though its through SS,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #105
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

OK I've managed to resist 24 hours. PO'd.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #106
Vader
Ghost

is this a good price for this?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 PM   #107
wanderlai
The Tick

I just hope they don't now decide to gang bang the ES.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:33 AM   #108
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
is this a good price for this?
It's a tough call (I'm certainly no expert on these things), but I'd say so. It's about the same height as my Catwoman PF, with its enormous base that everyone complained about; but unlike that piece--and many of the XM ones--the base dwarfs Spidey and feels like a full 3D realization of a comic panel as opposed to a selective cutout from one.

Looking at the setups I have for my SS PFs, counting the prints and smaller scale pieces I surround them with, I probably paid around $6-700 to complete a satisfactory display for which the PFs are the centerpiece. This IS Spidey stands completely on its own and needs no such background prints or companions pieces (although I think SS's new Goblin would look just as nice behind this as it would their new Spidey.)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #109
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

What is the ES on this?
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:49 AM   #110
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
What is the ES on this?
Supposed to be 932, but now after partnering with SS, it can be 2K or more.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote