Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which of these Hulk Transformations Sculpts do you like the most? And Why?
Entry 1 7 4.86%
Entry 2 69 47.92%
Entry 3 9 6.25%
Entry 4 59 40.97%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 AM   #101
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"XM Studios are finalizing the Hulk winner contest soon and is scheduled to announce the winning submission on 3rd Oct (next Monday). Quick! Cast your votes if you haven't done so at StatueForum."

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #102
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"It was a close fight between Entry #2 and #4 but the community (and our judges) have voted Entry #2 by Miguel Angel as the winner for XM 2017 Hulk Transformation Contest! We would like to also take this chance to explain our approval process.

As stated in our official Homepage, apart from Creativity, we also factor in Engineering, Licensee Approval and Production Feasibility. Creativity is important but execution is just as, if not more important. This is why we didn’t ask for line art this year – we asked for 3D sculpts.

Our position is creativity isn’t everything (and creativity is subjective btw). Some of the entries that didn’t make finalists actually have more creative ideas than the finalists. However they lost points due to gaps in practicality, composition, details, and overall sculpt quality. It is important to distinguish concept from execution.

We have never claimed that all entries will be revealed for voting. In fact on our official page, it is clearly stated only finalists decided by XM will be posted on Statueforum. In addition, the final decision remains with XM and not entirely based on Votes. Even if we let all entries in, the results would not have changed – the entries that didn’t make finalists then, still wouldn’t have won for the same reasons they didn’t make finalists in our books. There is nothing unfair or at foul play here.

As with any contests, there are always different sides. Everyone is entitled to like what they like. We don’t ask that everyone agree with our decision but we ask that everyone respect all the participants, respect our entitlement as owners of the contest to decide what is best for our products, be a good sport, be gracious and stay classy.

Once again, congratulations to Miguel Angel for winning the Hulk Transformation Contest!"

Old 10-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #103
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Congrats!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #104
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This will now be the first XM Marvel statue I won't own. The chosen one really doesn't offer anything. The first "singing Hulk" pose isn't good, and nothing about this concept has anything to do with the theme of the contest.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #105
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I really like it, voted for #2.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

congrats to miguel, its a beautiful sculpt
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #107
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
This will now be the first XM Marvel statue I won't own. The chosen one really doesn't offer anything. The first "singing Hulk" pose isn't good, and nothing about this concept has anything to do with the theme of the contest.
We can't like everything. Personally, there is room for one Green Hulk statue in my collection and that is the 1st and best Hulk statue from XM I have ever owned. I do plan on getting the King Hulk / Planet Hulk that Troy is doing though. That should be something amazing!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote