Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-08-2021, 09:56 AM   #101
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

They should be embarrassed that THIS was the head sculpt they put out seven years or so after the original. WTH
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:40 PM   #102
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
On the Clone Wars armored version, why does the lightsaber blue blade come from hilt as "thin" at first, then grow "wide" then gets "thin" again? I would think that if anything, it would come out as being slightly wider from the very tip of the hilt where the blade actually connects to the top of the hilt, then would get thinner as it comes out.?? Is it just me? Just a thought.... Interesting how they have chosen to create it this way for this particular statue.
It's a somewhat common artistic embellishment (certainly in 2D artwork, and now, 3D) meant to portray some extra glow at the emitter. Probably depicted as early as in original concept art. I despise that effect.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #103
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It's a somewhat common artistic embellishment (certainly in 2D artwork, and now, 3D) meant to portray some extra glow at the emitter. Probably depicted as early as in original concept art. I despise that effect.
i have to agree with you.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #104
Python
Omega Red

I haven't been keeping up with this. So this is a sincere question, not a sneaky backhand. But is it meant to be Ewan Mcgregor?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #105
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I haven't been keeping up with this. So this is a sincere question, not a sneaky backhand. But is it meant to be Ewan Mcgregor?
lol. I think so.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #106
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

My biggest regret in collecting has to be selling the original Mythos statues I had. SS will never make that level of awesomeness again and everytime I look the OG Obi-Wan is selling for current 1/3 scale prices.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:20 PM   #107
aliseo85
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I must say, when the pics appeared, I wasn't impress at all. I got the piece anyway (for a steal) and, despite the paint application on the face, I had to change my mind: the statue has a nice presence, pose and base are very solid and all in all, I have to say I prefer it over the newest darth maul mythos (!).
A couple of weeks ago though, I managed to get the Boba Fett mythos and now all the other statues look so stupid and ugly to me - damn, the original line (hand sculpts) is so much better, vibrant then the newest (digital scupts), just another level
aliseo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:38 PM   #108
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This sucka is on sale 10% with free shipping?! Brah is in the cart waiting to seht sail to mah howz!! Get it!!

That's almost $100 or more off depending on shipping. Mo mo lutch muhny fo me!!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:47 PM   #109
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
My biggest regret in collecting has to be selling the original Mythos statues I had. SS will never make that level of awesomeness again and everytime I look the OG Obi-Wan is selling for current 1/3 scale prices.
Wish I would have bought one. Hopefully the new series will inspire a new PF or Mythos statue from them. Kenobi is my favorite SW character.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #110
dao2
Cyclops

I regret not getting the Gammorean, I got the original Obi-Wan and sold it and don't regret that :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote