Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #101
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
QS did a great job on the Gadot Wonder Woman and Holland Spider-Man likenesses. It’s not impossible.
I mean, it's impossible to produce a product that everyone will think looks like the actor.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #102
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I mean, it's impossible to produce a product that everyone will think looks like the actor.....
Sure, it's impossible to produce any product that everyone will be happy with.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:45 PM   #103
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If there's impossible expectations and people don't realize this is a sculpture, then yes... Absolutely agree.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #104
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Sounds like Iron Studios is the one for you. For me, this is ScarJo...

And I’m guessing there’s a reason you chose this particular photo. I agree that this one photo looks pretty good, but the other two not so much.

As has been said, the paint apps on Queens version is excellent, but there’s something off with the sculpt imo. Though I’ll like to see more angles, but in general the already provided angled profile shots ‘usually’ show the strongest resemblance that a piece has to an actor.

Whereas with Iron Studios, even though the paint app is barely there, at first glance I personally see a greater resemblance to the actor than I do with Queens piece (at least from the two close shots) even though Queens has a far more human realistic paint app.

At this rate I may end up getting one from each manufacturer. My current Gentle Giant one, one from Iron Studios and another from Queen.

…… but I really hate that base on Iron Studios version, even more than the clear acrylic one on Gentle Giants.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:58 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And I’m guessing there’s a reason you chose this particular photo. I agree that this one photo looks pretty good, but the other two not so much.
Because the other two photos are incomplete. Not only do they not show the braided ponytail, but they don't show the ringlets of hair on each side of her forehead.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:29 PM   #106
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Because the other two photos are incomplete. Not only do they not show the braided ponytail, but they don't show the ringlets of hair on each side of her forehead.
Not to mention no upper body lol

I think the finished products will be very impressive, it's too easy to criticise something before we see the final piece
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #107
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Not to mention no upper body lol

I think the finished products will be very impressive, it's too easy to criticise something before we see the final piece
True.

But at this stage I think the bulk of us are critiquing (one way or the other) the resemblance to the actor, nothing else.

And personally I prefer her poses from those posters over Iron Studios chosen pose.

And I’m not a fan of one studio over the other. While I do have the bulk of Iron Studios MCU 1/4 scale pieces, I also currently have 7 Queen Studio pieces with a further dozen on preorder.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:46 PM   #108
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

...Or you could just buy all three.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:49 PM   #109
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
True.

But at this stage I think the bulk of us are critiquing (one way or the other) the resemblance to the actor, nothing else.

And personally I prefer her poses from those posters over Iron Studios chosen pose.

And I’m not a fan of one studio over the other. While I do have the bulk of Iron Studios MCU 1/4 scale pieces, I also currently have 7 Queen Studio pieces with a further dozen on preorder.
For me the anticipation of queen's BWs was better than their reveals, as it just made me want her avengers 1 look more. I think the likeness is spot on personally

I'll see what i think when they're fully revealed but I may pass on all of these - I have the gentle giant one anyway
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #110
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
...Or you could just buy all three.
Even I have my limits…..

And I have the expectations that they or someone else will produce a better piece eventually…. Or maybe a life size bust, which is a no go for manufacturers currently.

I’ve been burned so many times, as the number of Batman, Iron Man and Wonder Woman pieces in my collection is more than I ever thought I would have originally.