Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-07-2022, 03:58 PM   #101
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Here are the EO Scarlet Witch options- including the Civil War Hot Toy which is long sold out.

If we are just talking about the strength of the likeness to Olsen, I know which one of these I prefer...and the rest aren't even close.

After that, it might be this Queen. Not because the likeness is perfect, but because the hint of attitude you can see in her face and pose, does a better job of selling the character.

The typical blank zombie stares of the HT figures have always been frustrating to me.
Which one?

Thanks for sharing these pics. Since I personally am looking for a 1/4 piece, I feel the Iron Studios likeness is better (although the hair feels like a miss). Still, I want to see more pics of Queen's version. For Queen, it would have been nice to get a sculpted hair version too.

As a sidenote, that 1/10 scale Iron Studios piece has a really good likeness overall!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:04 PM   #102
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I can't get over the hair on the iron studios one
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:09 PM   #103
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Also, despite the nit picks most have, WTH is up with a 300 ES?
We are hitting the peak exposure for this character for the foreseeable future, and they are only kicking out 300? That's as insane as the 1200 for Mera absent any cross promotion energy.
300 overseas
399 Asia
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:28 PM   #104
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for clarifying, but 700 still seems kind of paltry to me- for this exact moment in time with this character.

Unless they have plans to kick out a Multiverse Of Madness one in the next twelve months too? Then I would understand them not wanting to saturate the market early.

Otherwise I think they could have easily gone at least 400/600 (Asia/overseas) and still sold out quick- despite the widespread criticisms with likeness and pricing.

I wonder if they are anticipating issues with getting the hair nailed down in production that might have prompted erring on the side of a lower ES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Which one?

Thanks for sharing these pics. Since I personally am looking for a 1/4 piece, I feel the Iron Studios likeness is better (although the hair feels like a miss). Still, I want to see more pics of Queen's version. For Queen, it would have been nice to get a sculpted hair version too.

As a sidenote, that 1/10 scale Iron Studios piece has a really good likeness overall!
I was very critical of the 1/4 IS when it was first revealed. Now I think both IS statues offer the strongest likenesses out of any of these. The base on the 1/4 is also more interesting to me now than what it appears Queen will be kicking out.

And surprise, surprise- that price tag the IS had six months ago, now looks par for the course.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:51 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying, but 700 still seems kind of paltry to me- for this exact moment in time with this character.

Unless they have plans to kick out a Multiverse Of Madness one in the next twelve months too? Then I would understand them not wanting to saturate the market early.

Otherwise I think they could have easily gone at least 400/600 (Asia/overseas) and still sold out quick- despite the widespread criticisms with likeness and pricing.

I wonder if they are anticipating issues with getting the hair nailed down in production that might have prompted erring on the side of a lower ES?
I'm surprised they announced an ES at all. Loki is TBD.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:59 PM   #106
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Agree. A little odd unless they want to create the infamous "FOMO".
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:04 PM   #107
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm not convinced this will sell out at all.

The only time I can remember Queen selling out (JND Style) was with the Catwoman on Batpod - (and she's available again in certain places). Even the "limited" 600 ES White suit Black Widow is widely available.

We always assume these low ES statues will shift like lightening - and stand around stunned when they linger on the shelves for weeks or months after release.

Case in point - the 1:6 Heath Ledger Joker. With the infamous "3 day pre order window" - say no more.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:07 PM   #108
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I went to Queens website to get a better look and I'm not crazy about the base either. A pretty ugly base, plus what right now looks like pretty lousy magic effects...
Witch has always been a fav character of mine. I'm sitting here kind of shm that with all the pieces of her that in the making, I may only end up with the 1/10 IS piece.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:16 PM   #109
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I may only end up with the 1/10 IS piece.
The best Elizabeth Olsen likeness, so far.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #110
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree. A little odd unless they want to create the infamous "FOMO".
Didn't the Black Widows already have their ES at PO time?

I think the big mistake they made was revealing this after Loki. He set the bar so high, there was no way what is here, with this, wouldn't be anti-climactic and underwhelming by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I went to Queens website to get a better look and I'm not crazy about the base either. A pretty ugly base, plus what right now looks like pretty lousy magic effects...
Witch has always been a fav character of mine. I'm sitting here kind of shm that with all the pieces of her that in the making, I may only end up with the 1/10 IS piece.
Yeah. that's where I'm leaning too. Not real keen on the energy effects there either though.

Here's the full image of the Queen without the banner obscuring the base. Not that we were really missing much of anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marvelscarletwitchquarterscalestatue_1800x1800.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	148424  
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote