Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2022, 07:56 AM   #101
ukshaun
Hercules

I guess the mother of all metal rods will be used.
By the looks of things, much stress might be placed on the heel. I wonder if that will be made of metal?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #102
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Amazing Sculpt and pose. A definete purches, i hope there won't be an exclusive because my local store don't bring Sideshow exclusives. A reg would be a hard pass.

Michael Jackson ? come on, she is a hot russian doll. What MJ...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So I've wondered this, what different does it make if the entire leg (Zatanna) or arm (Rogue) is metal? All that makes me believe is that the statue won't bend/lean/warp at that point at the base. However, the rest of the statue is still just floating. As an example of what I'm pondering, what is to stop this Zatanna from bending left to right? Or her starting to lean at the torso?

An example that collector have seen is XM Storm. Her leg attached to the tornado is a solid rod, but some have started to lean up in her waist/torso.

I think the rods just slow down the inevitable for statues that have the majority of their weight at an angle. I think Power Girl and Storm will hold up better because they are more vertical. Perhaps the more dynamic pieces are being made out of lighter materials. Is Rogue overall lighter in weight than other PFs?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:23 AM   #104
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Is Rogue overall lighter in weight than other PFs?
She is actually. She almost felt weightless to me coming out of the box. I wouldn't be surprised if her torso is completely hollow, or made out of some other kind of material. I think that's what is saving her from falling down over time.

At first I was disappointed, because I like the weight of a good statue, but honestly as she's on my shelf in front of me I couldn't care less now because she's such a nice piece.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #105
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Agreed looks amazing, some people see MJ, I dont see it tbh.....she looks freaking hot, I guess I have the hots for MJ LOL
Those saying that are likely the guys that bought the horse-face original, or a piece produced by another company. Trying to convince themselves that theirs is better. We see that all the time here. But I get it, not everyone has taste. Maybe these members have a thing for MJ?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:46 AM   #106
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

Looks fantastic, when Sideshow wants to they can still destroy the competition.

That being said I do really like the stage backdrop on the Prime 1 version even though that would have jacked up the price on this PF, I love that old Victorian era stage Magician aesthetic, thier vintage promo posters were great.

A little Zatanna billboard ad stand in that style would have been a nice addition for this.

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #107
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Looks fantastic, when Sideshow wants to they can still destroy the competition.

That being said I do really like the stage backdrop on the Prime 1 version, even though that would have jacked up the price on this PF, I love that old Victorian era stage Magician aesthetic, their vintage promo posters were great.

A little Zatanna billboard ad stand in that style would have been a nice addition for this.

I agree, there are pics online so would be easy to print off and attach to some card/plastic to go on the base or nearby
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:04 AM   #108
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I agree, there are pics online so would be easy to print off and attach to some card/plastic to go on the base or nearby
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, they sell small vintage style easels on etsy which I think would work great.

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:23 AM   #109
Peedi
The Secret Six

Looks excellent!

But I still like the XM. The Sideshow has more of a cool factor but the XM makes her look powerful to me. And I tend to like pieces with action. Sideshow makes a lot of the DC ladies just chilling around.

This with the OG Batgirl, newest Catwoman, Power Girl, Huntress, Harley and Black Canary would make a nice, light hearted display though.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #110
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But I still like the XM.
I also.
I just think the XM Zatanna is fantastic.
The idea with the suitcase where everything possible tries to crawl out and she has cool her foot on the lid. That's just awesome.
What I've seen of her face so far is beautiful.
Unfortunately there is no 1/4 license for this in Europe.

On the other hand, I can buy the Sideshow Zatanna in Europe. The flying stool is cool too.
I'll wait for a few more photos from Sideshow.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote