Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #101
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Boob fetishists. You're all boob fetishists.

GUILTY
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #102
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:

I'll take them over a hefty codpiece anyday!
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #103
Royd
Producer
Producer

You rang?

Quote:

Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #104
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Something else to hate Allison and Adam for I suppose? Raising money to help someone in need would have to be another ploy to milk the fans. *Sheesh*
if that's the case, then why didn't they go through the proper channels at ebay so they could have got more money for their friend
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #105
Royd
Producer
Producer

Not that I understand what you're referring to but you should know that they didn't set those auctions up - they just agreed to be involved to raise the funds and someone else made the auction listings not them.

I suspect that whatever they do, they will attract undeserved criticism *shrug* I just try to correct inaccurate statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
if that's the case, then why didn't they go through the proper channels at ebay so they could have got more money for their friend
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #106
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

there's a certain function on ebay where if it's for a charity, you can avoid paying certain fees
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #107
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Not that I understand what you're referring to but you should know that they didn't set those auctions up - they just agreed to be involved to raise the funds and someone else made the auction listings not them.

I suspect that whatever they do, they will attract undeserved criticism *shrug* I just try to correct inaccurate statements.
If I remember correctly, it was under Adam's new seller name, so that would mean that Allison did in fact set it up....no?
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #108
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
there's a certain function on ebay where if it's for a charity, you can avoid paying certain fees
I have not sold under a charity on EBay, but I imagine that to be eligible for reduced fees you must be a registered charitable organization or non-profit organization with specific tax identification. Thus, while that sketch was sold for a charitable cause, it likely did not involve a "charity" like the United Way or Hero's Initiative that would be eligible for reduced fees
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #109
Royd
Producer
Producer

Mate, I checked the Hughes-Fans Message Archive to make sure my understanding was correct and found the auction link but after 90 days it had been deleted.

However, in a discussion about the AH! MegaCon sketch fund-raiser, a Hughes-Fans group member asked Allison if someone could bid on the piece and have a friend pick it up at MegaCon. This is what she replied:

"well its not really my auction; I'd go ahead and email the seller through ebay
and set it up with them.

best;
Allison"

Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Head View Post
If I remember correctly, it was under Adam's new seller name, so that would mean that Allison did in fact set it up....no?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #110
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Williams View Post
Alison must be salivating of that.

Thanks for the links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbroke223 View Post
thats how i read it. thats all he has to do since this way they are gonna get well over 3 or 4 times what he normally charges per sketch at sdcc.
its not about the money tho.lol..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Who cares if its about the money or not? I don't understand why people feel the need to pass judgement.

They'll get over it. Its not like he owes anyone anything anyways. Except for me. Adam owes me (Ken Martin is case Allison or Adam is reading this) a Hulk commission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Not trying to butt kiss as much as I'm trying to balance out the negative with a little positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbroke223 View Post
not passing judgement so i have no idea where that comes from. oh yea, make sure you gargle. with all the butt kissin youre doing youll need to get that taste out of your mouth.

jk
u know ur the man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Williams View Post
This is just a money ploy to see how much they can get for a sketch.The more I see this,the more I begin to dislike both Alison and AH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
On a positive side. I'm thinking you will get a sketch with all the background bells and whistles to go with it. So if you always wanted a certain character this is your way of making him do it. I would imagine that they will go for around $3,000-$3400 each.
The annual SDCC AH debate. My personal view is I have no problem or issue with anyone charging whatever they want for their goods/services. However, I can not stand the "its not about the money" statements. This is like the big time athlete who leaves a small market city to sign a gazillion dollar contract and then says something idiotic like, "in my heart I always wanted to play for the XYZers". Same thing here - AH/Alison keep coming up with new ways to charge more money for the same product and then say "its not about the money". First it was a higher price at the show. Now it is auctions that will bring in a sizable chunk of change. If it really "was not about the money," I am certain they could find a way sketch for free or with all proceeds going to charity (see George Perez's raffles for sketches).

Again, nothing wrong with it, but call it what it is.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote