Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #1091
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Alex from Radd Titan/XM was just showing the XM Spider-man 2099 on Youtube, and responded to a comment about the Hulk face and said that he'd reviewed it with the production team who replied with photos of the latest batches and is convinced it's just a one off/rarity, we should be all good, just need them to hurry up with the shipping now!
Glad to hear it. Waiting on that shipping invoice.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #1092
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Looks pretty good, but for a $2k Hulk, I would have higher expectations. Possibly, there are a few bad ones at least with the green around the face, but did they address the black gums at all?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #1093
sulaman
Doh!

Lets hope they sort out the issues with the paint on the portrait. I have this on preorder and im kinda shocked the QC is so poor on this piece that one got away looking like it did. I also pre-ordered the thanos lady death combo recently and these were my first XM Studios pieces and I am already nervous considering the High price I paid for these. I truly expect a better QC pipeline. Now I'm worried many might end up with the messed up mouth as they posted a factory vid and some of the faces still have the issue! Also they painted the gums black rather than a green shade which look nothing like the prototype. I wonder if they will even bother to re-check the next batch.
sulaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #1094
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The best Hulk to date, but aside from sloppy paint apps round the mouth, his jawline, viewed from the side, looks off, strange. The jawline’s edge is too “sharp” and too short/narrow, making it look too comic stylized, as opposed to the hyper realistic detailing of the rest of the sculpt/portrait. Still a great Hulk.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:44 AM   #1095
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Still the best Hulk, no doubt.

However, out of respect for all the people who invested their precious money in order to purchase this piece, XM has a duty, as a renowned company, which has become the favorite among many collectors precisely for its meticulous attention to QC, and will correct urgently this problem. The head sculpt is simply the most important part of every piece, and it is clear here that it is not an artistic variation of the prototype, which sometimes happens and pleases, but rather a slouch. Thankfully, XM still have time to correct this error, and they will do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592817557374.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	131232   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592817548971.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	131233  
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:50 AM   #1096
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

I wrote the text above on Ben Ang Facebook page. As a big fan of the XM that I am, I feel I have a duty to alert the company so that its quality does not drop so much.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #1097
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
I wrote the text above on Ben Ang Facebook page. As a big fan of the XM that I am, I feel I have a duty to alert the company so that its quality does not drop so much.
How does XM have time to correct it if it's already shipping?
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #1098
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

If it's an issue with the sculpt, then there's no fixing that at this point. If it's the color app around the mouth, then maybe that can be fixed in later batches assuming they are still working to complete all the orders.

I've only seen the pics and the cellphone vids shared in this thread. Not much to go off of but I won't be too quick to judge without seeing more in hand photos. So far, I like what I see.

Given the price point, I think we all have high expectations and rightfully so.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #1099
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
In this photos, Hulk almost alongside other pieces, Wolverine custom and Scorpion XM, but it cannot be analyzed as a basis for the real size of the product, as the other two pieces were positioned a little further down and behind.

In the pictures of the two collectors we saw, yesterday and today, we noticed a base placed under the base of the Hulk, so that the monster would be a little higher in relation to the Banner and offer greater perspectives of exibicion.
Paint around the mouth looks normal here, hopefully the other photos are of only one bad portrait.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:18 AM   #1100
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hope he can meet the high expectations his prototype has set.

I have trust in XM studios, so I think it will be fine.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote