Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #1101
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I have not seen any proof to say that the armour placing is wrong. It's one of those little playground rumours that has become fact and no one has bothered to properly check if it is even fact anymore. Reminds me of the frosties kid.

Not a single predator statue (of the main 4 biggies released) is film accurate, not even by Steve wangs hand or Stan winstons eyes has one been done accurate justice because it's impossible. The first film the suit was falling a part, nothing about it is accurate.

I heard that Jean Claude van damme got drunk and returned to set and had a fight with the suit..............the suit won.

the search for perfection is a fools errand.
Steve never claimed, or aimed, for screen accurate.

SWS Maquette is as good as it gets, oversized cannon and all.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #1102
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I have not seen any proof to say that the armour placing is wrong. It's one of those little playground rumours that has become fact and no one has bothered to properly check if it is even fact anymore. Reminds me of the frosties kid.
You're more than welcome to look up pictures of the screen-used suit and see for yourself that the thigh armor is in fact placed on the outer thighs, not the quads.

Quote:
Not a single predator statue (of the main 4 biggies released) is accurate, not even by Steve wangs hand or Stan winstons eyes has one been done accurate justice because it's impossible. The first film the suit was falling a part, nothing about it is accurate.
You think it's impossible to make an accurate predator statue? Man, Sideshow must love you.

Had Steve Wang wanted the Cinemaquette piece to be accurate, it would have been. That statue was his own idea of how the predator should have appeared.

The SWS Maquette has some proportional issues here and there, specifically with the plasma caster, but the head sculpt IS accurate. If they put the level of accuracy of the SWS Maquette into this new Maquette, I'd buy it. No lie.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the suit was falling apart" or how that affects the accuracy argument since the suit had no obvious changes or differences in any scene of the film.

Quote:
Pablo and team smashed it.
If that were true, I would have pre-ordered.

I see you've edited your post:

Quote:
Why do you think we want perfection? I, and pretty much everyone else who has made a complaint, would be happy with this statue if the thigh armor was where it belonged and the head sculpts weren't so inaccurate. The paint looks great, I love the pose, base is what I'd expect from a P1 collectible, etc.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #1103
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sideshow don't like me, I have yet to receive a Christmas card.

You will never find perfection, just.........let it go.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #1104
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I already said I don't need perfection, just a head sculpt with the accuracy of the SWS Maquette and the thigh armor positioned properly.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #1105
madmanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Steve never claimed, or aimed, for screen accurate.

SWS Maquette is as good as it gets, oversized cannon and all.
That does not change the fact that none have been done accurately.

I am far from a sideshow advocate I just think the negativity in this thread is pointless. The sad thing is it will be the same 5 or 6 guys commenting in this thread for the next 2 years. Just like the predator 2 maquette thread.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #1106
madmanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I already said I don't need perfection, just a head sculpt with the accuracy of the SWS Maquette and the thigh armor positioned properly.
It's not Burger King, you can't have it your way.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #1107
Polystones
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
No...
... And the neck rings? (See edit)
Polystones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #1108
L Deimos
The Spirit

Doesn't need to be 100%, but it needs to be more accurate than this. This just seemed to be slapped together in some ways and some things are way off. When a $100 figure has more effort put into it than a $1250 high end statue people have every right to complain!
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #1109
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Doesn't need to be 100%, but it needs to be more accurate than this. This just seemed to be slapped together in some ways and some things are way off. When a $100 figure has more effort put into it than a $1250 high end statue people have every right to complain!
I must concur wholeheartedly that a collectible that costs as much as this one is wide open for discriminating critique. As far as having less effort put in, I cannot say.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #1110
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:

Not a single predator statue (of the main 4 biggies released) is film accurate, not even by Steve wangs hand or Stan winstons eyes has one been done accurate justice because it's impossible. The first film the suit was falling a part, nothing about it is accurate.

I heard that Jean Claude van damme got drunk and returned to set and had a fight with the suit..............the suit won.

I have no words . . .

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote