Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #1101
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
LOL, I mean, if those seams bothered me that much, I'd just dry brush some paint match over them, rather then put up a giant wall to block my view.
Why does it seem like the people who actually have the statue sitting in from of them, love the wall and the people who just stare at pictures hate it? Lol...

It's not like I had a custom wall produced to block the back of it. It comes with the fu#$*# thing! Lol.. It's cool looking, trust me. I have to say though, them remaking this piece is going to hurt this hobby more than they know. Sure in the short term they can cash in, but long term? Nope... Maybe the owner's gonna sell the business soon?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:47 PM   #1102
Blade3327
Nightwing

Doubted the wall in pictures. Hated it in real life. I've found anything you like or dislike about prototype photos just gets amplified once you have it in-hand, especially with massive pieces like this.

The figure itself is astonishing though, my goodness. It really is the best mass-produced Alien collectible by a large margin and anyone who ordered this (or the reissue) has a real treasure. I just couldn't stand the fact that only 15 lbs -- 25% of this statue's mass -- appealed to me.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #1103
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

If anyone didn?t notice, P1 put their 10th anniversary logo on the rerelease PO thumbnails and cited fans demanded they produce more of this piece as their reasons for doing so. It says so right on the product page.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #1104
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Why does it seem like the people who actually have the statue sitting in from of them, love the wall and the people who just stare at pictures hate it? Lol...

It's not like I had a custom wall produced to block the back of it. It comes with the fu#$*# thing! Lol.. It's cool looking, trust me. I have to say though, them remaking this piece is going to hurt this hobby more than they know. Sure in the short term they can cash in, but long term? Nope... Maybe the owner's gonna sell the business soon?
Who said I didn't like the wall? I was just pointing out that I thought your thought process of disliking the seams in the back thus needing a wall to cover/block them, thus making the re-release a sub-par piece in comparison because it lacks the wall if the seams look the same,.... was just weird
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM   #1105
MASTERSAFARA

Question

Also, the rerelease DX is not $200 cheaper than the original. It is the same price at $1699 with no wall backdrop. However, the rerelease DX includes 2 heads (open mouth, and closed) as well as a head display stand. Not sure if the original had 2 heads as it does not mention on the product page for the original nor does it mention or show a head display stand. Anyone who has the original action pose wall mount does it include 2 heads and the bust stand?
Old 06-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #1106
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Also, the rerelease DX is not $200 cheaper than the original. It is the same price at $1699 with no wall backdrop. However, the rerelease DX includes 2 heads (open mouth, and closed) as well as a head display stand. Not sure if the original had 2 heads as it does not mention on the product page for the original nor does it mention or show a head display stand. Anyone who has the original action pose wall mount does it include 2 heads and the bust stand?
The original standard cost $1700. The original DX (extra head and bust) cost $1950.

The reissue standard costs $1500. The reissue DX (extra head and bust) costs $1700.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:04 PM   #1107
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Yeah I got 2 heads and the bust stand deal with the action pose. It was the DX version.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:22 PM   #1108
MASTERSAFARA

Thumbs up

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #1109
qz33
Baron Zemo

Okay so the original Museum pose only came with 1 head and the wall. The new Museum pose still comes with only 1 head but no wall.

The "Action" pose originally included the wall and a DX with an extra head and bust.
The new Action pose still has a 1 head version and 2 heads with bust version just no wall for either, right?

Don't have the statue, I like the wall especially for the Museum pose. I'd pay $200 for the Museum wall. I won't pay aftermarket markup for the wall.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:24 PM   #1110
qz33
Baron Zemo

C'mon Sideshow!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Wonder if Sideshow will carry this.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote