Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #11141
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Each to their own, but WTF
Probably the type that enjoys only movies with explosions and stuff. Great movie.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #11142
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The Grey - 9/10. Fantastic movie.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #11143
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
oh yeah this was surprisingly impressive

8/10
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #11144
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Each to their own, but WTF
Oh it was horrible, I didn't even remember it until I saw his review. It's in my top 10 of worst movies I have ever seen. The list includes: The Spirit, The Mexican, Eyes wide shut, Watchmen, 12 monkey's, Good Will Hunting and a few others. I think Eyes Wide shut is my least favorite of all time.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #11145
DSET
The Secret Six

No Country 9.5/10
epic crime thriller

Intense film-making and cinematography some of the best chase scenes ever filmed.

I get why people don't like it though, its got an overly simplistic plot and its mystery is meaningless. The suspense and mystery is mostly visual theres a very small amount of dialogue.

Cohens cant do much wrong in my book
I also loved Blood Simple, it doesn't stand the test of time but its still damn good.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #11146
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Oh it was horrible, I didn't even remember it until I saw his review. It's in my top 10 of worst movies I have ever seen. The list includes: The Spirit, The Mexican, Eyes wide shut, Watchmen, 12 monkey's, Good Will Hunting and a few others. I think Eyes Wide shut is my least favorite of all time.
Eyes Wide Shut

I completely agree, I laugh every time I think about that horrible film.

It saddens me that it was Stanley Kubricks last film
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #11147
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Those are part of your 10 worst films of all time? I could understand 10 biggest disappointments, even though I disagree strongly on a few of them, but 10 worst? I'm not sure how many films you actually watch but there are FAR worse films than those out there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #11148
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Those are part of your 10 worst films of all time? I could understand 10 biggest disappointments, even though I disagree strongly on a few of them, but 10 worst? I'm not sure how many films you actually watch but there are FAR worse films than those out there.
yes like Terrence Malick films
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #11149
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Great movie . . . the crash scene is one of the most intense (and probably realistic) I've ever seen in a movie.

Quote:
How can you lump No Country for Old Men in with The Spirit, The Mexican and Eyes Wide Shut (which I will agree were all terrible movies). Are you sure you we are talking about the same film . . . Josh Brolin right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
To be fair, the Spirit would probably make the cut of 10 Worst Ever but Good Will Hunting, Watchmen and 12 Monkeys . . . all good flicks in my book
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #11150
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
yes like Terrence Malick films
Malik's films obviously aren't for everyone. I've always felt like his work was best described as visual poetry, and much like poetry it either resonates with you or comes off as pretentious and aimless.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote