Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #1111
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Awesome response, gave me a lot of insight on how everything works, and I love the part about how collecting is a journey. The Journey can sometime be more fun than the destination itself.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #1112
built2shred
Phoenix

Ok So here's what I got from the response.

1) The few members who said they went to the convention and were required to buy a less popular statue in order to get Venom were lying.

2) Retailers were not being completely honest and were shipping all the blame to XM for the shortage.

3) 30% of the statues are sold at conventions now. When you guys first started selling at the conventions I thought that number was more like 10% (unless I'm wrong, I'll have to go back and sift through the posts to find it) so if that is the case then that's quite an increase, which is why there is now a shortage for XM Retailers.

I never had a issue on their business decisions so if they want to sell 30% of their statues at conventions then that's their call... I think what got people upset was Retailers thinking they had more Venom statues then they did and when they realized they oversold they tried to shift the blame to XM for selling them at the convention. (which I guess is technically true if XM didn't let them know in advance they were selling 30% of their product at conventions, if they did know about it then it was the resellers that were being kind of shady).

Oh well, like I said before it was a fun run back at the beginning but it's gotten a lot harder with all the changes XM has implemented with the conventions and what not... But ultimately they have to do what's best for them to stay in business, I can't fault them for that...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #1113
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

1) The few members who said they went to the convention and were required to buy a less popular statue in order to get Venom were lying.
Did they say which convention is that ? as far as i know there is no bundle crap at STGCC.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #1114
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Great post xm! Now that clears things up for me as well!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM   #1115
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

2) Retailers were not being completely honest and were shipping all the blame to XM for the shortage.

3) 30% of the statues are sold at conventions now. When you guys first started selling at the conventions I thought that number was more like 10% (unless I'm wrong, I'll have to go back and sift through the posts to find it) so if that is the case then that's quite an increase, which is why there is now a shortage for XM Retailers.

I never had a issue on their business decisions so if they want to sell 30% of their statues at conventions then that's their call... I think what got people upset was Retailers thinking they had more Venom statues then they did and when they realized they oversold they tried to shift the blame to XM for selling them at the convention. (which I guess is technically true if XM didn't let them know in advance they were selling 30% of their product at conventions, if they did know about it then it was the resellers that were being kind of shady).

Oh well, like I said before it was a fun run back at the beginning but it's gotten a lot harder with all the changes XM has implemented with the conventions and what not... But ultimately they have to do what's best for them to stay in business, I can't fault them for that...
Why? Even if that is the case, THE MARKET AND DEMAND HAS CHANGED. It's like playing super sleuth detective when there is no reason to, especially since conditions in the market has changed. Not trying to tell you how to spend your time, but we were all given a succint and open response.

Bryan broke it down as to what numbers are and that is all that should matter. And to clarify it he even stated that obviously as licenses and other things change, and popularity increases, the numbers posted has changed. And chances are, it may change again in the future.

It is what it is.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #1116
Comicbookguy
Hercules

It's ok the less Es the better. I would pay more to get a hard to find statue. Better than Walmart mass release statues.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #1117
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

That doesn't answer the question of how the pre-ordering process works. It is first come first serve or pick and choose the people that deserve the PO? I don't get how I am on the waiting list since I placed my order within 10 seconds once PO opened. Even if there is 99 XM Venom, there is a good chance that I should have gotten one.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #1118
ambasah
Red Skull

10 seconds is a long time for an edition size of 99.

I think back to what Jerry used to do with PCS when we had to email our orders and hope for the best.

He would have hundreds of emails within seconds.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #1119
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
That doesn't answer the question of how the pre-ordering process works. It is first come first serve or pick and choose the people that deserve the PO? I don't get how I am on the waiting list since I placed my order within 10 seconds once PO opened. Even if there is 99 XM Venom, there is a good chance that I should have gotten one.
Actually XM did state that they need 7-10 days to process all the orders. I guess everybody is on the waiting list until you are the lucky ones who got the notification. Do they give priority to prestige member 1st?
Marvel O'Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #1120
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Why? Even if that is the case, THE MARKET AND DEMAND HAS CHANGED. It's like playing super sleuth detective when there is no reason to, especially since conditions in the market has changed. Not trying to tell you how to spend your time, but we were all given a succint and open response.

Bryan broke it down as to what numbers are and that is all that should matter. And to clarify it he even stated that obviously as licenses and other things change, and popularity increases, the numbers posted has changed. And chances are, it may change again in the future.

It is what it is.
I was discussing why there was a shortage all of a sudden, increasing the convention sales to 30% of the Edition Size explains it.... That's all I was saying...

If XM told everyone they were increasing the amount of statues they sold at conventions to 30% thus reducing the allotment the resellers got, I doubt there would of even been a discussion about this...

Without Info people will speculate....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote