Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #1111
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpizzly View Post
I mean there is no way this is a comic version of killer croc. Its a nice looking statue, but it's much more like a suicide squad movie version in scale.
Not necessarily. Azzarello's Croc in Broken city isn't that big of a Character, and Early versions of Croc are much more Humanoid. Besides, I see a lot of the Animated series in this Croc.

It's just that a lot of people who are younger comic readers think of the Hush version.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #1112
SONICobra
Batman

size has always dependant on artist in comics, no difference here

the size is fine imo, everyone just wants their statues supersized these days
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #1113
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Not necessarily. Azzarello's Croc in Broken city isn't that big of a Character, and Early versions of Croc are much more Humanoid. Besides, I see a lot of the Animated series in this Croc.

It's just that a lot of people who are younger comic readers think of the Hush version.
Agreed, Waylon's condition has worsened over time. He was very much a humanoid for a long time as demonstrated in the statue.

Not until the most modern books, 2000 and on, did he turn into to a complete monster in various storylines.

Since this is Bane's shipping week, Look at at Killer Croc in Knightfall for a great example, full humanoid.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #1114
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

the first croc walked around in a trenchcoat and got buy with people thinking he was a regular human. he wasn't huge.

I do however prefer a huge croc but his guy will do. I wont put him next to Bane because Ill always be thinking what should be. Ill enjoy him as he is. I'm just happy to get a croc statue period.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #1115
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
yeah well idk if you can have him with anyone else? who in the batman universe can you companion him with? hes so small. shoot even the new deathstroke is bigger than him and all the birds of prey figures that are coming out. Hes kinda like a stand alone piece which kinda sucks.
You're fixated on height, which doesn't equal size. The character is hunched over and on a short base. however overall size seems to be good from what I've seen. But if you're so worked up over it then just pass on this.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #1116
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The pants are the only thing keeping me from this piece. I hate mixed media and "real" clothing, but love everything else.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:16 AM   #1117
pokritz17
Hydra

i'm glad he's hunched over and shorter...i want Bats to tower over him
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 AM   #1118
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Ummm no. I get how scale works. Where did I say he looks short? I said he looks small there is a difference. Just as people said the Spider-Man comiquette and Batman PF looks big I think Killer Croc looks small based on the video they showed. And Sideshow doesn't always get scale right. Igo admitted the first Green Lantern was too small. How is it not possible that they made Killer Croc too small?

Sure he is crouching so he isn't as tall height wise. But just look at him compared with Black Canary. Sure his arms are much thicker but his presence doesn't display what he should be....one of Batman's largest and most intimidating villains. If he looks like that next to Black Canary it won't get much better next to the Batman PF.

Don't forget that he costs $520 compared with Black Canary's $450. I don't see the $70 extra in size or detail when they are placed side by side.

At the end of the day I'm still gonna get him no matter what but it doesn't change the fact that Killer Croc looks small to me.
spot on. Good post. I po it but wished he was double the size to tower over others like in the modern age comics and tv shows.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:32 AM   #1119
SuperJ300
Zot

Here is comparison shot from a while back.

You can see his base is about the same height as Bane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	107465  
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:38 AM   #1120
Vracula
Jedi Order

Some of u guys just should get 1/3 scale versions of these charachters and call it a day.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote