Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #1111
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamactius View Post
Bunch of cry babies on here. If you don't like it speak your mind and move on. You'll get another one in a the next five years. In the meantime I'll enjoy my Deathstroke while you whiners wait for theirs.
The only one whining here is you. Speak your mind and move on. See, it works both ways. And since you want to be an ass with people that don't share your opinion...enjoy your cosplaying and girly looking Deathstroker PF. Because you sure as hell don't have a Deathstroke PF. Sideshow has yet to make one of those.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #1112
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Yeah I guess it’s just the fact that Bane actually has muscles and The ‘Stroker has no muscle at all that makes him look so puny.
I honestly don't disagree with your assessment. Take away the head sculpt and I wouldn't recognize this PF at all. Hell, if sideshow would have just sculpted some breast on this PF, it could easily pass as a Rose Wilson Ravager PF. That would make the PF at least look like a bad ass female ninja. Maybe they can use this Deathstroker PF to make a variant PF of her.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:23 AM   #1113
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The only one whining here is you. Speak your mind and move on. See, it works both ways. And since you want to be an ass with people that don't share your opinion...enjoy your cosplaying and girly looking Deathstroker PF. Because you sure as hell don't have a Deathstroke PF. Sideshow has yet to make one of those.
Really? He sure looks like Deathstroke to me. It's not my fault if you're attracted to him. This is the best Deathstroke made to date. Once they make a better one I'll buy that as well. I owned the P1 Deathstroke and I prefer this one. The paint quality is a lot better. Sorry you missed out on him, but you don't have to be butthurt about it. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other male figures that you can fantasize and shape into girls in the future. Whatever floats your boat buddy.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:35 AM   #1114
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Really? He sure looks like Deathstroke to me. It's not my fault if you're attracted to him. This is the best Deathstroke made to date. Once they make a better one I'll buy that as well. I owned the P1 Deathstroke and I prefer this one. The paint quality is a lot better. Sorry you missed out on him, but you don't have to be butthurt about it. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other male figures that you can fantasize and shape into girls in the future. Whatever floats your boat buddy.
Talk about butt hurt. You can't even get over the fact that someone doesn't like this PF and you want everyone who disagrees with your POV to leave the thread. Sorry that puts a little sausage between your tight buns. The P1 AO Deathstroke blows this PF out of the water. You're the one seeing things if you can't see that. Also, as soon as P1 releases their 1/4 New 52 Deathstoke, it'll smoke this Deathstroker PF as well. That'll really get your panties in a bunch. Until then, enjoy that Rose Wilson PF.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:07 AM   #1115
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Talk about butt hurt. You can't even get over the fact that someone doesn't like this PF and you want everyone who disagrees with your POV to leave the thread. Sorry that puts a little sausage between your tight buns. The P1 AO Deathstroke blows this PF out of the water. You're the one seeing things if you can't see that. Also, as soon as P1 releases their 1/4 New 52 Deathstoke, it'll smoke this Deathstroker PF as well. That'll really get your panties in a bunch. Until then, enjoy that Rose Wilson PF.
P1's Deathstroke has flat paint, but
the sculpt is fantastic. Once P1 starts using better quality paint I might buy some more of their products. I will probably buy P1's new 52 version as well just to check it out. If the paint isn't vibrant like Sideshow's then it'll go back. They are just toys buddy, no need to cry about them. And stop fantasizing about me in panties.......it's one thing to do it with the statues, but now you're just getting creepy.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:54 AM   #1116
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
P1's Deathstroke has flat paint, but
the sculpt is fantastic. Once P1 starts using better quality paint I might buy some more of their products. I will probably buy P1's new 52 version as well just to check it out. If the paint isn't vibrant like Sideshow's then it'll go back. They are just toys buddy, no need to cry about them. And stop fantasizing about me in panties.......it's one thing to do it with the statues, but now you're just getting creepy.
I think the paint job on mine is superb. The colors are so vibrant that they actually pop. It got my vote for statue of the year. I probably will not buy P1's New 52 1/4 Deathstroke because I feel the costume is too similar to the AO Deathstroke. Both costumes have a tactical feel to them. At this point, I'm only all in on a classic 1/4 Perez Deathstroke. I do hope that the New 52 Deathstroke looks amazing though for collectors that want that version of the character. What's mind boggling is that we have a video game version, a made up version, and soon a New 52 version of the character but there's no classic (iconic) version of the character in sight. At least not in a larger scale. Any long time fan of the character has to wonder how in the hell that has happened.

As far as the rest of the nonsense between us, stop telling people where they should or shouldn't post when they disagree with you, and we won't have a problem or an issue. Criticism of this (or any statue) shouldn't bother you so much. These are just toys pal. No need to be so sensitive with people that don't share your opinion on a statue. Don't take the criticism of this PF so personally. Every one should be able to share their thoughts here whether they are positive or critical. That's why this is a discussion forum.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 AM   #1117
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Sideshow's version looks like he could've done more squats, but he fits perfect with the other Sideshow PF's. My biggest problem with this statue is the broken piece of wall that is sticking up behind him. The paint looks pretty bad on it. I'd prefer a classic Perez version myself, but I could be dead before that happens. I've waited ten years for Sideshow to make a classic Magneto and we all saw what happened with that.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #1118
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Sideshow's version looks like he could've done more squats, but he fits perfect with the other Sideshow PF's. My biggest problem with this statue is the broken piece of wall that is sticking up behind him. The paint looks pretty bad on it. I'd prefer a classic Perez version myself, but I could be dead before that happens. I've waited ten years for Sideshow to make a classic Magneto and we all saw what happened with that.
As a massive fan of the character, I understand your position. Do you think I wasn't desperate to add a Deathstroke PF to my collection? I was ready to throw my money at sideshow. It pains me to no end that I don't like this piece. It would have been easier on me if I did. Honestly, this PF wouldn't bother me in the least if I knew for a fact that a classic PF was coming. As it stands, I know this PF is as good as it's going to get from sideshow and that's what stings so much. At least you and the others here that like this PF have a 1/4 Slade you can add to your collection. That's the only positive feelings I can come up with in regards to this PF. For those of us that passed on the PF because it wasn't our cup of tea...things look bleak.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #1119
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm happy for the fans that like this and again hope it sells out quick so that Sideshow can get motivated to try again. Those that bought be happy. Those that are looking for something else hopefully maybe sorta likely will be happy?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #1120
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I'm happy for the fans that like this and again hope it sells out quick so that Sideshow can get motivated to try again. Those that bought be happy. Those that are looking for something else hopefully maybe sorta likely will be happy?
Those of us looking for something else are at sideshow's mercy. We could get a quick revisit like we did with the GL PF or it could take many years. The worst case scenario is that we don't ever get a revisit or if we do, it will be another sideshowified made up costume instead of a classic Perez Deathstroke PF. Either way, it's all in sideshow's hands now. They've locked up the 1/4 game in the North American market so they hold all the cards.