Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #1121
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I guess Palpatine personally told you that was all of this was his plan.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #1122
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Again, says you. Maybe you should try to watch the film again to understand the plot better, which I doubt.
Sounds like you're the one that needs to watch the film again. Palpatine orchestrated all the major events to near perfection. He is the ultimate puppet master. He did it again in the OT.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #1123
Outer_Rim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I guess Palpatine personally told you that was all of this was his plan.
We are moving in circles now. But really, are you telling me that Palpatine was not expecting the Jedi to come when he does say he was in the film for example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sounds like you're the one that needs to watch the film again. Palpatine orchestrated all the major events to near perfection. He is the ultimate puppet master. He did it again in the OT.
Exactly.
Outer_Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #1124
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post
I think that's also the one thing that's hard for the fans at large to understand. If you went to the Senate and told them -- I've held this since I got on the show -- "Oh, hey, Palpatine's a Sith" when he gets elected, most of the Senate would say, "Oh, uh huh. Okay. What does that mean for us?" They'd be like, "Well, the Sith are the enemy of the Jedi." They'd be like, "Yeah, but... wasn't that, like, a thousand years ago? He seems to be doing a good job. The trains are running on time." You know, so the average citizen of the Republic has never even met a Jedi and is vaguely aware of their existence in some ways. They're not as wrapped up in this good versus evil conflict as they're wrapped up in trying to survive every day. I think for a lot of them that's why, when you look at it in the big picture, at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Padme says, "So this is how democracy dies: with thunderous applause." Well, they all think this is a good thing, the Empire coming in. It's not like they took over and instantly enslaved tons of people and caused terror in the galaxy. Sure, that's going to happen in the Outer Rim territories, but it doesn't happen immediately at the end of the Clone Wars. It's all pieces of a bigger puzzle that we're putting together.

- Dave Filoni, IGN interview 2014.

The Jedi can´t prove Palpatine is conspiring against the Republic. Other than saying he is a Sith, they have nothing. Not a single factual proof. And as Filoni says, what does being a Sith mean for the Senate? Nothing again. Palpatine is the savior of the Republic and his reputation is untarnished. The only one that can relate him with Sidious is Dooku and he is dead. So Darth Sidious is only a myth, a phantom that nobody has seen in person.

- PALPATINE: Their betrayal will be dealt with. After you have killed all the Jedi in the Temple, go to the Mustafar system. Wipe out Viceroy Gunray and the other Separatist leaders. Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace.

They don´t have the right to arrest him either. The war is not over yet. The separatist council is alive, clone and separatist armies are still fighting. Mace and the Jedi acted out of fear and they paid it with their lives.

ANAKIN: You know the dark side?!?

PALPATINE: Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. (pausing) They fear you. In time they will destroy you. Let me train you.

----

- ANAKIN: You're a Sith Lord!

- PALPATINE: I know what has been troubling you... Listen to me. Don't continue to be a pawn of the Jedi Council! Ever since I've known you, you've been searching for a life greater than that of an ordinary Jedi . . . a life of significance, of conscience.

He didn't even say he is Sidious to Anakin. He merely said he knows the Dark Side and he didn't admit he is Sith.
I love the line

"Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi"

Ian's acting in that scene is wonderful too.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #1125
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
but "atine" is so much more work to type
interesting bit of trivia, initially George wanted to call him Jar Jar Ovaltine
Old 09-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #1126
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Well, it wasn't a sword fight so there is no problem.
it was a lazer sword fight.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #1127
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Can't stomach the Pre-quels.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #1128
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

outer rim. you sure do know your stuff man.

but as far as Dukoo and Grievous the only ones knowing Palpatines secret. Sly Moor was believed to have known his deepest secret as well.
save this image and blow it up. i remember this from owning this figure back in the day..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #1129
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Same here. If not they might as well bring Jar Jar back too and say that Palpatine was working for him. The opening scene for the first trailer could be a close up of Jar Jar saying, "Exsqueeze me"?, while Palpatine is kneeling before him saying, "Yes my master". Now that would be "Jarring"!

Seriously though, I'm hoping for some new cool villainy, not Emperor Ovaltine....
No...as I mentioned in post 1057, Emperor Ovaltine was Jar Jar's apprentice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
interesting bit of trivia, initially George wanted to call him Jar Jar Ovaltine
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #1130
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
outer rim. you sure do know your stuff man.

but as far as Dukoo and Grievous the only ones knowing Palpatines secret. Sly Moor was believed to have known his deepest secret as well.
save this image and blow it up. i remember this from owning this figure back in the day..
Sly Moore? Huh...I think he lived down the street from me.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote