The Tick

Body paint look is better..

wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #1142
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I posted earlier that people should just state their comment/opinion and move on. No need to defend it as XM will make the final decision anyway.

So I'm merely posting my comment/opinion. In that pic, the girl is twisting her body, that's why you see creases on her side. Phoenix is not twisting and bending her body, so there shouldn't be creases.
Meet you half way, no creases or wrinkles but give her outfit some sort of hi-tech fabric pattern
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #1143
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't want a painted on look. But I think the idea of "folds" and "creases" is getting blown out of proportion.

Yes, the design currently has some movement/crease already built in, not nearly as much as the art, but they are there. However I think the issue is in the breast area. The issue with the boob fabric isn't that it needs more creases, it just needs to not grip the underside, and in between, her breasts as much. She has her arms up and reached out to the sides and, yet, the outfit is still behaving like her arms are down her breasts are in a lower position.

Everybody here has seen tight shirts on women. Hell, I wear them a lot and I'm plenty endowed, and I can tell you that there is no way in that position an item of clothing would grip across and under breasts like on this statue. Nope nope.

Don't take this as me wanting her boobs hidden or diminished. I've always enjoyed T more than A when admiring a woman. But Jean is a classy lady, she shouldn't be portrayed like she's fighting a murderous robot in body paint. Leave that type of slutty image to somebody more known for it.....like Emma Frost
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #1144
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
Body paint look is better..

Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #1145
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
What has that got to do with the suggestions for more detail on the cloth of the main body? If your a fan of the textureless sculpt great. The suggestions being made will only improve the piece.

I have not critiqued the Antman as I'm not interested in it.
Im not saying more details isn't a great thing...I'm just saying that I don't think Phoenix needs it.

I'm not making the statue so XM is going to do what XM is going to do. I will be along for the ride.

If they add more great....if they don't great.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #1146
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Haahha no problem i too am sitting in the same camp and hoping for the little update but even if not i have my order in with this one coming soon and she will be mine as i want her to go with my other xmen…. Some said they don't think she will fit it but i don't care i think she'll look great next to my Mags and Wolverine…

Oh yeah, i remember seeing bunch of pictures of their store of Hulk and Cap and other avengers but haven't seen any of some of the newer collectibles maybe they don't want to put any of them up until they are near completion….

SJ

That's my plan as well and I definitely think all three will RAWK lined up next to each other on some classy looking pedestals. That's how I plan to display them. Mags, Wolverine and Phoenix - can't wait to have them in my collection.

I can't believe the discussion is still going on regarding Phoenix's costume. At this point, her fate is in XM's hands so what's the point of continuing this discusson?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #1147
built2shred
Phoenix

I think XM needs to ask themselves, should we make a better Bowen statue or should we make another XM Grail... because right now jean (minus the bird) looks like something Bowen would create.

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #1148
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
That's my plan as well and I definitely think all three will RAWK lined up next to each other on some classy looking pedestals. That's how I plan to display them. Mags, Wolverine and Phoenix - can't wait to have them in my collection.

I can't believe the discussion is still going on regarding Phoenix's costume. At this point, her fate is in XM's hands so what's the point of continuing this discusson?
I guess we are hoping XM can shine some lights on it. Once we know, then the whole argument can die down.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #1149
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think XM needs to ask themselves, should we make a better Bowen statue or should we make another XM Grail... because right now jean (minus the bird) looks like something Bowen would create.

Either one would be a grail.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #1150
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Lol... We get it, but honestly you need to trust these guys.... They are going to kill it...lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote