Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #111
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
There has to be some history of weirdness or mental illness with this guy, why else would his mother say "You got the right guy" when notified about her sons arrest?
I think he texted or called her either right before or after the incident so when the cops called her she already knew.

Even if you think your son is crazy it isn't the kind of comment you would make without some evidence it is your kid I wouldn't think.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #112
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Exactly...

This is the issue - people think having MORE guns shooting is the solution? That's just stupid.
Would an armed cop in the theater have helped?

You can't stop a shooter with angry words.
You have to stop the threat right away.

Cops are not magic beings.
Citizens can be trained to handle such situations if they so choose. Sadly at the Luby restaurant tragedy, a woman left her gun in her car to abide be the rules. She watched her parents killed in front of her that day.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #113
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric83 View Post
People like that deserve the death sentence no question bout it..Sick just bloody sick to know people out there will do that to innocent people trying to enjoy a quite nite out... God bless them and may they all rest in peace
I couldn't agree with you more brother xentric83 death sentence no questions asked.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #114
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Exactly...

This is the issue - people think having MORE guns shooting is the solution? That's just stupid.
No it is not stupid, if you were a criminal and knew that there was a chance one of your victims might be carrying a weapon for self defense, they might be less likely to commit a crime. The purpose is not to shoot. I don't understand why people think that if you own/carry a gun you are running around like Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral. The training many states have for CCW licenses is more than just filling out papers. In Missouri we have to attend an all day course and pass two shooting tests with two different guns. Had somebody in the theater in Aurora been carrying legally, perhaps the outcome would have been different. We will never know.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #115
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Wait, isn't it illegal to shoot and kill people? I mean all we need to do is make something illegal and people will abide by the law, right? It's against the law so therefore we shouldn't have to worry about it.

If someone is going to shoot people then they aren't going to obey "gun free" zones ordinances (Virginia Tech campus, just for an example was a gun free zone
Like many things the "rules" are followed by the innocent people and are broken by the bad guys. As a gun owner and future conceal and carry licensed citizen I will not give my money to businesses that do not allow me to carry my gun. Gun free zones make some people feel safer and it also makes others feel like they have easy targets. JMO.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #116
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Would an armed cop in the theater have helped?

You can't stop a shooter with angry words.
You have to stop the threat right away.

Cops are not magic beings.
Citizens can be trained to handle such situations if they so choose. Sadly at the Luby restaurant tragedy, a woman left her gun in her car to abide be the rules. She watched her parents killed in front of her that day.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #117
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think he texted or called her either right before or after the incident so when the cops called her she already knew.

Even if you think your son is crazy it isn't the kind of comment you would make without some evidence it is your kid I wouldn't think.
I wonder then if the mother could be facing charges herself?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #118
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Doesn't that open you guys up to a massive amount of potential liability. How do you determine when to use your weapon in a given situation and what happens to you if you do ?
It does, however, IMO the should only be used to protect my family and my property. If I see somebody trying to steal my car as I walk out of a store, I will let them, it isn't worth it. However, if somebody is trying to break into my house and my family and I are inside, they will have to contend with Mr Smith, Mr Wesson and Mr Mossberg.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #119
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Most of my concealed carry capable handguns have night sights and I have practiced in low light conditions. Since this is a typical home burglary scenario. Darkness may have provided cover to get closer to the SOB as well. Either way, I would prefer being armed to not being armed in that situation.
My feelings exactly.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #120
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Why is an Assault Rifle even allowed to be obtained legally anyways?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote