Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #111
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Of course Thanos has amplified regenerative abilities. All Eternals do.
The Hulk has had all his skin and flesh eaten to the bone by giant bugs and still grew it all back in minutes. Makes no sense Hulk couldn't come back from that snap.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #112
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Perhaps the Infinity Stones work differently than other living things?

I can see both sides of the argument. I also think that Gamma Bros are pretty quick to jump to their boy’s defense given his shoddy treatment in the films.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #113
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My theory is the Russo bros, as capable as they are, didn't know what to do with Thor and Hulk. If they kept them as powerful as they should be it would have made writing the movies a lot harder for them because of the power level of not only one but two heroes. They took the easy way out as far as I'm concerned. Even with CM being so grossly over-powered in the movie, she was only there for a few scant minutes. Neither Hulk nor Thor ever got the treatment they deserved in the movies.
I completely agree with your thoughts on this. They didn't want to deal with the real Hulk and the real Thor anymore because either of them could have dealt with Thanos by themselves, so they marginalized them into comic relief and irrelevancy.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #114
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I like their portrayal of Strange.
Me too. Love BC's portrayal of Dr. Strange.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #115
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Perhaps the Infinity Stones work differently than other living things?

I can see both sides of the argument. I also think that Gamma Bros are pretty quick to jump to their boy’s defense given his shoddy treatment in the films.
Hulk fans are quick to jump to his defense, just like all fans are quick to do that for their favorite character/team/etc.

One thing my son mentioned to me that I thought was interesting is why if the infinity stones gave off "mostly gamma" radiation during the snap as the ridiculous Ruffalo Hulk said in the film as to why it had to be him, then shouldn't all that gamma actually make the Hulk stronger?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #116
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
The Hulk has had all his skin and flesh eaten to the bone by giant bugs and still grew it all back in minutes. Makes no sense Hulk couldn't come back from that snap.

Chris
I agree with you that the Hulk was very underused/underappreciated in these two films. Like many, I am still disappointed he didn't get his rematch with Thanos. However, the points being raised about his regenerative abilities are overlooking a few things. First is that the Hulk/Banner merger could have severely depowered the Hulk's abilities. Clearly he is still incredibly strong, but it was also evident that Professor Hulk wasn't as big as his 2012 counterpart. It stands to reason that a reduction in size/mass would equate to a weaker version of himself. So if that is a possibility who knows what else isn't as effective as it once was.

Second are the Infinity Stones. There is no other power like it in the universe. Who knows how the Hulk would react to wielding them, much less a smaller/weaker version of himself. The only comparison we can make is against Thanos, and we have no other comparison to make for Thanos since the first time we see him in action is in Infinity War. All we know is that Thanos can wield all the stones without being affected by them before actually using them. That wasn't the case for Professor Hulk.

And last, I don't think it's fair to compare film Hulk to comic Hulk. He may have survived flesh eating bugs in the comics, but that sort of regen was never demonstrated on film. I would argue comic Hulk couldn't be knocked unconscious by a single punch by either Iron Man or Thanos. Yet both instances happened on film. Just not the same power levels. So regen comparisons would be more fair against what we've seen on film. I agree he should recover from using the stones. However, Professor Hulk just isn't the same as original film Hulk. So I can accept that this version is having a much harder time healing than he would have in the past. Hopefully they address this the next time he is put on screen.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #117
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I completely agree with your thoughts on this. They didn't want to deal with the real Hulk and the real Thor anymore because either of them could have dealt with Thanos by themselves, so they marginalized them into comic relief and irrelevancy.
I'll give you that the movies have not portrayed Thor and, in particular, the Hulk as powerful as they are in the comics. However, Thanos, without the infinity gems, has in comics been shown to easily hold his own against not only Thor and the Hulk individually, but often them supported by several other heroes at the same time.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #118
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I'll give you that the movies have not portrayed Thor and, in particular, the Hulk as powerful as they are in the comics. However, Thanos, without the infinity gems, has in comics been shown to easily hold his own against not only Thor and the Hulk individually, but often them supported by several other heroes at the same time.
Thanos in the comics is not nearly as strong as the Hulk or Thor. Now, I'm speaking as an older comic book fan so he could have been retconned into being much different than he used to be, but the Thanos I knew didn't come close to the Hulk or Thor in sheer strength.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #119
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Thanos is more of an energy manipulator than a fighter, but anyone able to take on both Thor and the Thing at the same time has some pretty impressive level of physical strength.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #120
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Thanos in the comics is not nearly as strong as the Hulk or Thor. Now, I'm speaking as an older comic book fan so he could have been retconned into being much different than he used to be, but the Thanos I knew didn't come close to the Hulk or Thor in sheer strength.
Thanos took on Thor AND The Thing at the same time back in the day and was able to hold his own, so he's easily as strong as Thor. When Death brought him back from the dead for the Gauntlet storyline, she augmented his powers at the same time, making him even stronger. I would think he's easily as strong as the Hulk and well stronger than Thor at this point.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote